Department of Computer Science and Engineering
Dr. Kai XIAO graduated from China University of Geosciences (Beijing) in 2018 with a doctor of Philosophy. After that, he worked in Southern University of Science and Technology as a postdoctoral researcher. Now he is a Research Assistant Professor in the School of Environmental Science & Engineering in Southern University of Science and Technology. His main research fields include the subsurface hydrological process and its environment effects in coastal wetland. To date, he has published 23 high-quality papers in Limnology and Oceanography Water Resources Research, Journal of Hydrology, Advance in Water Resources, Journal of Geophysical Research, Science of the Total Environment, and other internationally renowned academic journals. He won the Visiting Scientist of the Belle W. Baruch Institute in 2018. He has led several research projects including the national natural science fund, postdoctoral science fund (first class) and visiting scientific fund in other research institutions.
1. Tidally-driven groundwater-surface water interactions;
2. Carbon/nitrogen source-sink process in coastal wetlands;
3. Ecologically monitoring projects in coastal wetlands；
4. Hydrologic processes and environmental effects of subterranean estuary/coastal bay；
5. Evaluation of coastal water quality；