Assistant Professor |School of Business, Division of Information Systems & Management Engineering
Moris Strub joined the College of Business of SUSTech in October 2019 as an assistant professor and doctoral supervisor. His main research area includes Mathematical Finance, Portfolio Selection, Behavioral Finance and Economics, Risk Management, and Robo- Advising. Moris has obtained a B.S. in Mathematics and M.S. in Applied Mathematics from ETH Zurich, both with distinction, and a Ph.D. in Financial Engineering (Systems Engineering and Engineering Management) from the Chinese University of Hong Kong. Before joining SUSTech, he was a Postdoctoral Fellow at the Chinese University of Hong Kong and a Staff Associate at Columbia University.
2018-2019: Postdoctoral Fellow at the Chinese University of Hong Kong
2017: Staff Associate at Columbia University
2014-2018: Teaching Assistant at the Chinese University of Hong Kong
2014: Intern at Oliver Wyman
2012-2013: Teaching Assistant at ETH Zurich
2014-2018: PhD in Financial Engineering at the Chinese University of Hong Kong
2012-2014: MSc in Applied Mathematics with distinction from ETH Zurich
2008-2013: BSc in Mathematics with distinction from ETH Zurich
For more information, please see https://sites.google.com/view/morisstrub/home.
Behavioral Finance and Economics
Stochastic Decision Analytics
Judgment and Decision Making
Publications Read More
Lab members Read More
Moris Strub research group invites outstanding candidates to apply for Ph.D. Program or Postdoc Position at SUSTech.
- Collaborative Ph.D. Program with University overseas
- SUSTech Full-Time Program
Position: Postdoctoral Fellow position in Mathematical Finance/Financial Engineering/Behavioral Finance and Economics
Department: Department of Information System and Management Engineering, SUSTech
The Postdoctoral Fellow will work in a highly ambitious and internationally oriented research environment committed to excellence in research. It is expected that the postdoctoral fellow will conduct research projects in Mathematical Finance, Financial Engineering, or Behavioral Finance and Economics, actively participate in the activities of the group, and assist in the mentoring of postgraduate students and research assistants.
Post requirements ：
- Candidates must hold or be about to obtain a Ph.D. degree in Mathematical Finance, Financial Engineering, Operations Research, Finance, Quantitative Economics, or related fields
- Research interests and experience in one or more of the following areas: Portfolio Selection, Risk Management, Behavioral Finance and Economics, Robo-Advising, Mathematical Finance
- Fluent in written and spoken English, with a high academic level and scientific research ability
- Under the age of 35 and no more than three years from the date of obtaining a doctorate
Benefits and rewards：
- The term of the appointment is two years and includes paid annual leave.
- The successful candidate will receive an annual reimbursement package of more than RMB 335’000 p.a., consisting a Guangdong Provincial subsidy of 150,000 yuan (before tax) and Shenzhen Municipal living subsidy of 60,000 yuan (after-tax), a basic salary of RMB 8’677 p.m., a housing subsidy of RMB 2’800 p.m., meal-, high temperature-, and festival expenses of about RMB 10’000 p.a., and shall participate in ‘Five insurances and one fund’ social security plan according to the relevant regulations of Shenzhen.
Other compensation policies:
- Excellent candidates can apply for the `Principal’s Excellent Postdoctoral Program’ which would result in an annual salary package of RMB 510’000 (Including subsidies from Guangdong Province and Shenzhen).
- The research group provides a good working environment and opportunities for cooperation and exchanges at home and abroad. Post-doctoral fellows enjoy a total of 25’000 academic exchange grants for two years during their stay.
- Postdoctoral fellows can enjoy the corresponding bonus of the departments and research groups according to their scientific research achievements.
- The research group provides sufficient support for scientific research. During the employment period, you can apply for the National Natural Science Foundation of China, the China Postdoctoral Science Foundation, and the Shenzhen Basic Research Project as the project leader.
- Those who graduated recently can apply for the `Postdoctoral Innovative Talent Support Program’, with funding of RMB 600,000.
- Postdoctoral fellows who choose to stay in Shenzhen to engage in scientific research work and have signed a labor (employment) contract with enterprises and institutions in this city for more than 3 years can apply for Shenzhen Postdoctoral Research Fund in Shenzhen. The Shenzhen Municipal Government grants each person an annual research grant of 100,000 yuan for a total of 3 years.
- Postdoctoral fellows who comply with the relevant policies of "Shenzhen Newly Introduced Talents' Housing and Living Subsidies" can apply for a one-off housing and living subsidy of RMB 30,000 (tax exemption) after settled in Shenzhen.
- Eligible candidates can apply for the ‘Peacock Talents Program’ which provides an allowance of RMB 1.6 million (divided into 5 years and exempted from tax. Subject to the latest talent declaration policies in Shenzhen)
- For outstanding postdocs, we will actively recommend and assist them to apply for the assistant professor position at SUSTech.
If you are interested in this position, please send a cover letter, an academic CV, names and contact details of two references, and up to three representative papers (published or working papers) to firstname.lastname@example.org, cc email@example.com
The position remains open until filled.