Professor Department of Mathematics
Professor Hertz is a full professor of mathematics from Universidad de la Republica, also known as the University of the Republic, in Uruguay. It is the oldest, largest and most important university in Uruguay. She graduated from Universidad Nacional de Rosario, or the National University of Rosario in Argentina, where she was born, before moving to Uruguay to complete her Ph.D. She completed her Ph.D. in 1999 at the University of the Republic and continued to work there, moving through the ranks from Assistant Professor to Full Professor. In 2016, Prof. Hertz decided to take a chance and moved to Shenzhen to take up a tenured position here at SUSTech.
Prof. Hertz’s major research focus is dynamical systems, and her small area is partially hyperbolic dynamics.
• Date of birth: February 11, 1970
• Universidad Nacional de Rosario (Argentina), BSc, 1994
• Universidad de la Republica (Uruguay), PhD, 1999 Professional experience
• 2016-: Full Professor (tenured), SUSTC (China)
• 2011-: Full Professor, IMERL, Universidad de la Republica (Uruguay)
• 2008-2011: Associate Professor, IMERL, Universidad de la Republica (Uruguay)
• 2000-2008: Assistant Professor, IMERL, Universidad de Republica (Uruguay)
• 1999: Assistant Professor, School of Economics, Universidad de la Republica (Uruguay)
• 1994-2000: Teaching Assistant, IMERL, Universidad de la Republica (Uruguay)
• 1994-1995: Teaching Assistant, CMAT, Universidad de la Republica (Uruguay)
• 1992-1994: Teaching Assistant, Universidad Nacional de Rosario (Argentina)
• 1991-1994: Professor, Instituto Politecnico Superior - Universidad Nacional de Rosario (Argentina)
Positions in academic organizations and editorial services
• 2016-2020 Vice-president for Latin-America and the Caribbean of the Organization for Women in Science for the Developing World (OWSD), depending from UNESCO
• 2014-2019: Simons Associate of the International Center of Theoretical Physics - ICTP (Trieste, Italy)
• 2009-: Member of the Uruguayan National System of Researchers (SNI)
• Member of the Editorial Board of Publicaciones Matematicas del Uruguay.
Partially hyperbolic dynamics
Smooth ergodic theory
Publications Read More
Lab members Read More
Faculty positions in Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Statistics and Financial Mathematics
Visiting Assistant Professor (VAP) Positions in All Areas of Mathematics
Postdoc Positions in All Areas of Mathematics
SUSTech offers highly competitive salaries and benefits.
Please check https://math.sustech.edu.cn/teacher.html or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to get more details.