Assistant Professor |School of Life Sciences, Department of Biology
Our group is mainly focused on RNA-based regulation of gene expression in B lymphocytes. We would like to know how RNA processing and modifications are linked to modulating B cell development and differentiation.
2016-present, Assistant Professor, Department of Biology, SUSTech
2015-2016, Associate Staff Scientist, Bioprocessing Technology Institute, Singapore
2009-2015, Research Scientist, Bioprocessing Technology Institute, Singapore
2002-2009, Ph.D. (Microbiology), Fudan University, China
1997-2001, B.Sc. (Microbiology), Huazhong Agricultural University, China
1. B Cell Development
2. Humoral Immune Response
1. Microbiology (undergraduate)
2. Cellular and Molecular Immunology (postgraduate)
Publications Read More
Lab members Read More
Open Postdoctoral Position
The Ou laboratory has an opening for a highly motivated, self-driven postdoctoral fellow with background knowledge in immunology. The successful candidate will conduct research projects focused on studying the roles of RNA splicing and modifications in B cell development and differentiaiton.
- -The successful candidate must have a PhD or MD/PhD in which s/he has gained knowledge in cell and molecular biology, developmental biology, immunology, or cancer biology.
- -Specific skills and personal attributes required include: excellent writing and presentation skills, high energy multi-tasker, supremely organized with exquisite attention to detail, ability to work independently, strong expertise with molecular and cellular biology.
- -Collaborative team spirit, strong communication skills, positive attitude and adherence to highest ethical principles are necessary to be considered.
- -Updated CV
- -Complete contact information for three references
- -Short cover letter describing their past research experience, career goals and a statement of future research interest (1 page)