Assistant Professor Department of Computer Science and Engineering
Yuxin Ma is a Tenure-Track Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Southern University of Science and Technology (SUSTech). He received his B.S. and Ph.D. from Zhejiang University in 2012 and 2017, respectively. Before joining SUSTech, he worked as a Research Intern in Sensor-enhanced Social Media (SeSaMe) Center at National University of Singapore and Postdoctoral Research Associate in the School of Computing, Informatics, and Decision Systems Engineering (CIDSE) at Arizona State University. His primary research interests are in the areas of visualization and visual analytics, focusing on explainable AI, high-dimensional data, and spatiotemporal data. He has served on the program committees for the ChinaVis 2021 and Visualization Meets AI Workshop at PacificVis 2021. He is a recipient of the CVM Journal Honorable Mention Award and Lu Zengyong CAD&CG High-Tech Award (Third Prize).
For more details, please refer to https://mayuxin.me .
- 2012 - 2017: Ph.D. in Computer Science and Technology, Zhejiang University.
- 2008 - 2012: BSc in Software Engineering, Zhejiang University.
- 2018 - 2021: Postdoctoral Research Associate, CIDSE, Arizona State University.
- 2016 - 2017: Research Intern, SeSaMe Research Center, National University of Singapore.
- Program Committee Member, China Visualization and Visual Analytics Conference (ChinaVis). 2021.
- Program Committee Member, PacificVis Workshop on VIS Meets AI. 2021.
- Reviewer, IEEE VIS. 2019, 2020, 2021.
- Reviewer, ACM CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI). 2020.
- Reviewer, IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering (TKDE). 2018.
- Reviewer, Eurographics/IEEE-VGTC Symposium on Visualization (EuroVis). 2019, 2020, 2021.
- Reviewer, IEEE Pacific Visualization Symposium (PacificVis), 2019, 2020.
- Reviewer, China Visualization and Visual Analytics Conference (ChinaVis). 2019.
- Reviewer, Visual Informatics. 2018, 2019, 2020.
- Honorable Mention Award, Computational Visual Media Journal, 2017.
- Lu Zengyong CAD&CG High-Tech Award, 2016.