Assistant Professor School of Microelectronics
Dr. Yida Li is currently an Assistant Professor at the Southern University of Science and Technology, Shenzhen, China. He graduated from the National University of Singapore with a Ph.D. degree in Integrative Science and Engineering Program in 2013. From 2014 to 2016, he was with Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC), Hsinchu as a process R&D principal engineer working on metal deposition and sillicidation at the 7/5 nm technology node. From 2016 to 2020, he was a senior research fellow at the National University of Singapore.
Dr. Li has published more than 35 papers in international academic journals and conferences, as well as 7 patents (granted + filed). His work presented in VLSI 2018, Honolulu, USA was featured in prominent industry magazine, Compound Semiconductor -https://compoundsemiconductor.net/article/105341/Showcasing_The_Compounds_At_VLSI/feature. In addition, he has given invited talks at renowned international conferences – Graphene Flagship 2019 and VLSID 2020.
1. Novel/Emerging memory and logic devices targeting at Non-Von Neumann computing architecture and neuromorphic circuits
2. Additive processing and heterogeneous integration of materials to create the new generation of hybrid-flexible wearables
Publications Read More
Lab members Read More
Dr. Yida Li welcomes individuals passionate in research to join his research group. He has openings for Research Assistant Professor & Postdoctoral Fellows (x2), Research Assistants (x2), Graduate Students, as well as Internships.
Research topics include but not limited to:
Novel and emerging memory and logic devices targeting at Non-Von Neumann computing architecture and neuromorphic circuits
Additive processing and heterogeneous integration of materials to create the new generation of hybrid-flexible wearable devices
Required/Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree in Electrical & Electronic/Material Science/Biology and Chemical Engineering or other related fields
- Motivated and cheerful individual, able to work under stress
- Independent research thinking ability and to identify and solve problem systematically
- Responsible individual with great team spirit
- Good English listening, speaking, reading and writing skills,
- Experience in at least 1 of the following
- nano-fabrication, nano-materials, memory and logic devices, soft materials engineering, electro-chemical, synthetic biology, wearables
- 2 related publications as first/corr-authors
- The postdoctoral position has an age limit of 35 year old
- A contract period of 2 years
- Successful candidate will enjoy an initial annual salary up to 400,000 RMB (depending on qualifications)
- Multiple research grants provided by Shenzhen government
- Talent program with a quantum > 1.6 mil for outstanding candidate
- Check out the following link for more information - https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/K0rO0y8bwThfK4M7QyTlxg
How to apply:
Interested individuals are invited to email a copy of his/her CV to the below email address, with subject titled “Research position application <Position, Name>”.
Instead of hesitating, why not join us and find out for yourself!