Professor Department of Materials Science and Engineering
Dr. Liu Weishu is currently a professor in the Department of Materials Science and Engineering and the tutor of Zhiren Academy of Southern University of Science and Technology. Graduated from The University of Science and Technology of Beijing, Dr. Liu has been engaged in the research of thermoelectric materials, thermoelectric interface, thermoelectric devices and systems in Washington University, Boston College, University of Houston and Sheetak Company. At present, Dr. Liu has published more than 123 academic papers in Science, PNAS, Energy Environ. Sci., AEM, AFM, Nano Energy, Acta Mater. and other academic journals, with a total citations of more than 9000 times and H-index 47 and also has applied for 28 patents, containing 18 Chinese patents, 2 Japanese PCT patents and 1 USA patent and participated in the compilation of 2 English monographs. He has presided over 1 general project of the National Natural Science Foundation of China, 1 key sub-project of the Ministry of Science and Technology, and 5 horizontal projects of other ministries and enterprises. He has won the "Beijing Science and Technology Progress Award" in 2012 and the first Tencent "Science Exploration Award" in 2019. He is a member of the Council of Thermoelectric Materials and Application Branch of China Materials Research Society, a director of Shenzhen Micro and Nano Technology Society, and a member of the advisory Committee of Nanotechnology, a journal of IoP of the British Physical Society.
Dr. Weishu Liu is currently an associate professor in the Department of Materials Science and Engineering. He got his Ph.D from University of Science and Technology Beijing (USTB) at Jan. 2009. From 2009 to 2012 he worked as a post-doctoral researcher at University of Washington and Boston College. Later, he joined in the Texas Center of Superconductor at University of Houston (TcSUH) as a senior associate researcher II. And then, he moved a company, Sheetak Inc., as a principal materials scientist. Dr. Liu’s research interesting is thermoelectric materials and devices. He has published more than 100 journal papers, with a total citation of >8000 times and an H-index 44. He has applied 36 patents, with licenses inclusing 18 Chinese patents, 1 world patent and 3 USA patents. He wrote 5 book chapter in the topic of thermoelectric materials and devices. He is invited as a young advisory board member of InforMat(Wiley), a young editorial board member of eScience(Elsevier), also a young editorial board memeber of Materials China (Chinese Materials Research Society).He is an PI of the NSFC project, one Co-PI of the Key Research and Development Plan of the Ministry of Science and Technology, and PI of three other projects of other ministries and enterprises, and won the 2012 Beijing Science and Technology Progress Award and 2019 the Tencent Explorer.
- 1999.09-2003.07 B.S. in Non-metal Materials, Chongqing University, China
- 2003.09-2009.01 M.S.-Ph.D.in Non-metal Materials, University of Science and Technology Beijing, China
- 2016.9-present Southern University of Science and Technology, Associate Professor, ShenZhen, China
- 2012.01-2015.01 Sheetak Inc.Principal MaterialsScientist, Austin, TX
- 2012.01-2015.01 University of Houston,Research Assistant II, Houston, USA
- 2009.12-2012.12 Boston College, Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Boston, USA
- 2009.02-2009.11 University of Washington, Postdoctoral Research Associate, Seattle,USA
- 2019: the Tencent Explorer Prize
2018: Outstanding reviewing, for Eelectrochem Acta; Nano energy.
- Board member of Chinese Thermoelectric Society, Chinese Materials Research Society since 2018
- Board member of Shenzhen Society of Micro-Nano Technology since 2018
- 2017: Outstanding reviewing, for Applied Surface Science, Materials Today Physics, Materials Today Energy
- Nanshan District Linghang Plan B, 2017
- Guangdong Provincial Level Talents - Pearl River Talent Program, 2017
- Shenzhen Peacock Plan B, 2017.
- Beijing Science and Technology Award, 2012
- President Medal of University of Science and Technology Beijing, 2009
- Outstanding Scholar Star of University of Science and Technology Beijing, 2008
- Chongqing Excellent Thesis Award, 2003
- Teaching:Thermodynamics and Kinetics (SUSTech, MSE-5006, 2019 Spring)
- Teaching:Thermodynamics of Materials (SUSTech, MSE-311, 2018 Fall)
- Teaching: Physics of Materials (SUSTech, MSE-328, 2018 Spring)
- Fundamental scientific issues between thermoelectric transport and material structures;
- Orderingregulation of multi-scale defect structures in thermoelectric materials;
- Key technologies of thermoelectric interface material design and its application in high power thermoelectric generators;
- Small sized and flexible thermoelectric devices for power generation, thermal management and temperature sensing
- E-skin temperature simulation and IoT self-powered system and smart environment etc.
1. Thermoelectric materials near room temperature.
2. Ionic thermoelectric materials
3. Magnetic thermoelectric materials
4. Micro-distributed thermoelectric power supply
5. Electronic skin
1. MSE328 《Physics of Materials》2017 Spring， 2018 Spring
2. MSE311 《Thermodynamics of Materials》2017 Fall， 2018 Fall，2019 Fall
3. 《Thermodynamics and Kinetics》， 2019 Spring