Associate Professor Department of Mechanical and Energy Engineering
Dr. Ji Liu is MIT Technology Review "35 Innovators Under 35" in China 2020,Guangdong Pronvince High-Level Talents and Shenzhen City Overseas High-Level Talents,he is currently an assistant professor in the Department of Mechanical and Energy Engineering at SUSTech. Ji obtained his PhD degrees from the University of Bordeaux (France, Physiochemistry of Condensed Materials) University of Liege (Belgium, Chemistry) at 2013. Then he carried out post-doc researches in the University of Cambridge (UK, 2014-2018) and Massachusetts Institute of Technology (US, 2018-2019) and visiting fellow at Harvard Medical School (US, 2018-2019), working on functional soft material design, fabrication, engineering, and applications in biointerfaces, dynamic adhesion and human-machine interfaces, etc.
Dr. Ji Liu is currently an assistant professor in the Department of Mechanical and Energy Engineering at SUSTech. Ji obtained his PhD degrees from the University of Bordeaux (France, Physiochemistry of Condensed Materials) University of Liege (Belgium, Chemistry) at 2013. Then he carried out post-doc researches in the University of Cambridge (UK, 2014-2018) and Massachusetts Institute of Technology (US, 2018-2019) and visiting fellow at Harvard Medical School (US, 2018-2019), working on functional soft material design, fabrication, engineering, and applications in biointerfaces, dynamic adhesion and human-machine interfaces, etc.
◆ Functional soft material engineering
◆ Bioinspired material construction
◆ Soft materials with extreme properties
◆ 09/2019 till now Assistant Professor, SUSTech, Shenzhen, China
◆ 02/2018 – 08/2019 Postdoctoral Research Associate, MIT, Cambridge, USA
◆ 06/2014 – 01/2019 Marie-Curie Research Fellow, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
◆ 12/2013 – 05/2014 Postdoctoral Research Associate, University of Liege, Liege, Belgium
◆ 2013，University of Bordeaux (France), Ph.D in Physiochemistry of Condensed Materials
◆ 2013，University of Liege (Belgium), Ph.D in Chemistry
◆ 2010，Chinese Academy of Sciences, M.S. in Polymer Chemistry and Physics
◆ 2007，Zhejiang University of Technology, B.Eng. in Material Science and Engineering
◆ Young Investigator Award (2017)
◆ Marie-Curie Research Fellow (2015)
◆ PhD Thesis, Mention Tres Honorable (2013)
◆ Erasmus-Mundus Joint Doctorate Scholarship (2010)
◆ Outstanding Graduates of Zhejiang Provinces (20007)
◆ Soft Material Engineering
◆ Bioinspired Soft Material Fabrication
◆ Soft Materials with Extreme Mechanics
◆ 3D Printing of Soft Materials
◆ Biointerface Engineering
◆ Frontiers of Soft Material Sciences (ME5213，Postgraduate Course)
◆ 3D Printing of Functional Soft Materials: Fundamentals, Engineering and Applications(Undergraduate and Postgraduate Course)
Publications Read More
Lab members Read More
We are always seeking enthusiastic and talented Research Professors, Post-doc Research Associates, Research Assistants and graduate (PhD or Master) candidates.
Candidates are suggested to send your CV (PDF) to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc to email@example.com. The subject of the email should be "school of graduation + name + position applied for".
Recruitment of Research Professors/ Post-doc (3 positions available)
The successful candidate will be responsible for building up cutting-edge research in the area of biomimetic soft materials. Focus will be within polymer materials, interfacial engineering, additive construction and bio-applications to solve those challenges in human-machine interfaces. Tasks will involve working within a research group consisting master/PhD students and young researchers, and build strong collaboration across the SUSTech departments as well as with other international partners in both academic institutions and industry.
- Candidates must hold a PhD degree (or equivalent), as well as academic qualifications equivalent to those obtained by holding aposition as a researcher or postdoc.
- Applicants must possess and document strong qualificationsin research demonstrated through publications and citations in international scientific journals, and through successful collaborations and projects. The candidate must have a background in material engineering.
- The applicant is expected to have strong competences within some of the following topics:
- Biomimetic materials· Nano-materials (i.e.colloids, carbon based nanomaterials)
- 3D printing
- Polymer synthesis
- Ceramic synthesis and processing
- Soft materials
- Tissue engineering
2. Benefits & Culture
We offer our staff with:
- competitive salary packaging and start funding;
- internationalized and relax working environment (working language is English);
- professional administration support.
To apply for or obtain further information about the positions, applicants are invited to contact Dr. Ji Liu at firstname.lastname@example.org. All applicants need to provide the following documents:
- a cover letter;
- a detailed curriculum vitae;
- a research proposal;
- a list of at least three referees.
Recruitment of Research Assistants (2 positions available)
- Excellent undergraduate and postgraduate students majoring in soft materials and related majors (polymer/material/chemistry/mechanics/engineering);
- Familiar with the basic operation of material synthesis and preparation, and strong hands-on ability;
- Interested and enthusiastic in scientific research;
- Diligent, and good team worker;
- English proficiency, i.e. good scientific reading and writing.
To apply, applicants are invited to contact Dr. Ji Liu at email@example.com with the following documents:
- a cover letter;
- a detailed curriculum vitae;
- a summary of previous research experience/projects.
Recruitment of Graduate candidates (2 positions available)
If you are willing to conduct graduate studies with our group, you are always welcome to contact Dr. Liu directly.