School of Environmental Science and Engineering
Sanbai Li is a Research Associate Professor of the School of Environmental Science & Engineering at SUSTech. He obtained a Ph.D. in Mechanics from Peking University and served as a Postdoctoral Research Fellow at the University of California Irvine. He has a strong enthusiasm for developing novel codes/algorithms for multi-physics coupling of fractured porous media. Involved scientific problems are gas/liquid fluid-driven fracture propagation, efficient development of unconventional resources (geothermal energy, tight/shale oil/gas, gas hydrate, coal-bed methane, etc.), the evolution of Karst aquifers, and geological sequestration of carbon dioxide.
He serves as Associate Editor in the Editorial Board for SPE Journal. He has published 10+ peer-review, high-impact papers in top journals, including Water Resources Research, SPE Journal, and Journal of Geophysical Research: Solid Earth. He serves as a technical reviewer for several journals, such as SPE Journal, AAPG Bulletin, SPE Reservoir Evaluation & Engineering, FUEL, etc. He was awarded as 2019 Outstanding Technical Reviewer of Society of Petroleum Engineers’ journals, including SPE Journal and SPE Reservoir Evaluation & Engineering. He got the “President Scholarship of Peking University” in 2017.
(1) Geomechanics and hydraulic fracturing
(2) Modeling of gas/liquid fluid-driven fracture propagation
(3) Mechanisms & numerical algorithms for coupled geomechanics and fluid flow within porous media
(4) High-efficient development of unconventional resources, such as geothermal energy, shale oil/gas, gas hydrate, etc.
(5) Modeling of reactive flow through porous media