1. Jun Wang,† Qinzhen Li,† Hui Zhao, Wentong Yue, Kaiwen Zhang, Xingyu Jiang,* Kai Li.* Facile and controllable synthesis of the renal-clearable “luminous pearls” for in vivo afterglow/magnetic resonance imaging, ACS Nano 2022, 16, 462-472 (†contributed equally).
2. Jun, Wang,† Menglei Zha,† Hui Zhao,† Wentong Yue, Decheng Wu, Kai Li.* Detection of kidney dysfunction through in vivo magnetic resonance imaging with renal-clearable gadolinium nanoprobes. Anal. Chem. 2022, doi: 10.1021/acs.analchem.1c05140 (†contributed equally).
3. Yaxi Li,† Menglei Zha,† Tianyi Kang, Chong Li, Xue Wu, Shuxian Wang, Song-Bo Lu, Yi-Shan Lee, Yun-Rong Wu, Jen-Shyang Ni,* Kai Li.* Promoted NIR-II fluorescence by heteroatom-inserted rigid-planar cores for monitoring cell therapy of acute lung injury. Small 2022, 18, 2105362 (†contributed equally).
4. Guang Yang,† Song-Bo Lu,† Chong Li, Feng Chen, Jen-Shyang Ni, Menglei Zha, Yaxi Li, Ji Gao, Tianyi Kang, Chao Liu, Kai Li.* Type I macrophage activator photosensitizer against hypoxic tumor. Chem. Sci. 2021, 12, 14773-14780. (†contributed equally).
5. Yaxi Li,† Hongli Zhou,† Renzhe Bi, Xiuting Li, Menglei Zha, Yanqing Yang, Jen-Shyang Ni, Weng Heng Liew, Malini Olivo, Kui Yao, Jie Liu,* Hao Chen,* Kai Li.* Acceptor engineering of small molecule fluorophores for NIR-II fluorescent and photoacoustic imaging. J. Mater. Chem. B 2021, 9, 9951-9960 (†contributed equally).
6. Tianyi Kang,† Jen-Shyang Ni,† Tingting Li, Jun Wang, Zeshun Li, Yaxi Li, Menglei Zha, Chen Zhang, Xue Wu, Heng Guo, Lei Xi, Kai Li.* Efficient and precise delivery of microRNA by photoacoustic force generated from semiconducting polymer-based nanocarriers. Biomaterials 2021, 275, 120907 (†contributed equally).
7. Fei Ren,† Zeshun Li,† Kai Li,* Xiaoyan Zheng,* Jianbing Shi,* Chen Zhang, Heng Guo, Bin Tong, Lei Xi, Zhengxu Cai, Yuping Dong.* Donor strategy for promoting nonradiative decay to achieve an efficient photothermal therapy for treating cancer. Sci. China Chem. 2021, 64, 1530-1539 (†contributed equally).
8. Menglei Zha, Guang Yang,* Yaxi Li, Chen Zhang, Bo Li,* Kai Li.* Recent advances in AIEgen-based photodynamic therapy and immunotherapy. Adv. Healthcare Mater. 2021, 10, 2101066 (Invited Review).
9. Weizhi Qi,† Tingting Li,† Chen Zhang,† Fei Liu, Jun Wang, Dandan Chen, Xiaofeng Fang, Changfeng Wu,* Kai Li,* Lei Xi.* Light-controlled precise delivery of NIR-responsive semiconducting polymer nanoparticles with promoted vascular permeability. Adv. Healthcare Mater. 2021, 10, 2100569 (†contributed equally).
10. Yaxi Li,† Menglei Zha,† Guang Yang, Shuxian Wang, Jen-Shyang Ni,* Kai Li.* NIR-II fluorescent brightness promoted by “ring fusion” for the detection of intestinal inflammation. Chem. Eur. J. 2021, 27, 13085-13091(†contributed equally).
11. Zeshun Li,† Tingting Li,† Chen Zhang,† Jen-Shyang Ni, Yaoyao Ji, Aihui Sun, Dinglu Peng, Weijun Wu, Lei Xi,* Kai Li.* A multispectral photoacoustic tracking strategy for wide-field and real-time monitoring of macrophages in inflammation. Anal. Chem. 2021, 93, 8467-8475 (†contributed equally).
12. Hao Chen,† Huaxiao Yang,† Chen Zhang, Si Chen, Xin Zhao, Mark Zhu, Zhiming Wang, Yuebing Wang, Hung-Ta Wo, Kai Li,* Zhen Cheng.* Differential responses of transplanted stem cells to diseased environment unveiled by a molecular NIR-II cell tracker. Research 2021, 2021, 9798580 (†contributed equally).
13. Yaxi Li,† Zeshun Li,† Dehong Hu,† Shuxian Wang, Menglei Zha, Song-Bo Lu, Zonghai Sheng, Kai Li.* Targeted NIR-II emissive nanoprobes for tumor detection in mice and rabbits. Chem. Commun. 2021, 57, 6420-6423 (†contributed equally).
14. Jun Wang,† Tingting Li,† Jen-Shyang Ni,† Heng Guo, Tianyi Kang, Zeshun Li, Menglei Zha, Songbo Lu, Chen Zhang, Weizhi Qi, Lei Xi,* Kai Li.* Photoacoustic force-guided precise and fast delivery of nanomedicine with boosted therapeutic efficacy. Adv. Sci. 2021, 8, 2100228 (†contributed equally).
15. Guang Yang,† Jen-Shyang Ni,† Yaxi Li, Menglei Zha, Yao Tu, Kai Li.* Acceptor engineering for optimized ROS generation facilitates reprogramming macrophages to M1 phenotype in Photodynamic Immunotherapy. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2021, 60, 5386-5393 (†contributed equally). (Hot Paper)
16. Wei Zhu,† Miaomiao Kang,† Qian Wu, Zhijun Zhang, Yi Wu, Chunbin Li, Kai Li,* Lei Wang, Domng Wang,* Ben Zhong Tang.* Zwitterionic AIEgens: rational molecular design for NIR-II fluorescence imaging-guided synergistic phototherapy. Adv. Funct. Mater. 2021, 31, 202007026 (†contributed equally).
17. Yan-Long Ma,† Chen Sun,† Zeshun Li, Ziyi Wang, Jianwen Wei, Qian Cheng, Li-Shuo Zheng, Xiao-Yong Chang, Kai Li, Ruibing Wang,* Wei Jiang,* Biomimetic recognition-based biorthogonal host-guest pairs for cell targeting and tissue imaging in living animals. CCS Chem. 2021, 3, 2143-2155 (†contributed equally).
18. Aihui Sun, Tingting Li, Tian Jin, Yaxi Li, Kai Li, Chaolong Song, Lei Xi,*Acoustic standing wave aided multiparametric photoacoustic imaging flow cytometry. Anal. Chem. 2021, 93, 14820-14827.
19. Tian Jin, Chen Zhang, Fei Liu, Xingxing Chen, Guangru Liang, Fei Ren, Suzi Liang, Chaolong Song, Jianbing Shi, Weibao Qiu, Xingyu Jiang, Kai Li, Lei Xi,* On-chip multicolor photoacoustic imaging flow cytometry. Anal. Chem. 2021, 93, 8134-8142.
20. Xun Zhang,† Yanqing Yang,† Tianyi Kang, Jun Wang, Guang Yang, Yuming Yang, Xiangwei Lin, Lidai Wang, Kai Li, Jie Liu,* Jen-Shyang Ni,* NIR‐II absorbing semiconducting polymer‐triggered gene‐directed enzyme prodrug therapy for cancer treatment. Small 2021, 17, e2100501 (†contributed equally).
21. Haifei Wen, Zhijun Zhang,* Miaomiao Kang, Haoxuan Li, Wenhan Xu, Heng Guo, Youmei Li, Yonghong Tan, Ziyao Wen, Qian Wu, Jiachang Huang, Lei Xi, Kai Li, Lei Wang, Dong Wang,* Ben Zhong Tang,* One-for-all phototheranostics: single component AIE dots as multi-modality theranostic agent for fluorescence-photoacoustic imaging-guided synergistic cancer therapy. Biomaterials 2021, 274, 120892.
22. Zonghai Sheng, Yaxi Li, Dehong Hu, Tianliang Min, Duyang Gao, Jen-Shyang Ni, Pengfei Zhang, Yuenan Wang, Xin Liu, Kai Li,* Hairong Zheng,* Ben Zhong Tang.* Centimeter-deep NIR-II fluorescence imaging with nontoxic AIE probes in non-human primates. Research 2020, 2020, 4074593.
23. Menglei Zha,† Xiangwei Lin,† Jen-Shyang Ni,†,* Yaxi Li, Yachao Zhang, Xun Zhang, Lidai Wang,* Kai Li.* An ester-substituted semiconducting polymer with efficient nonradiative decay enhances NIR-II photoacoustic performance for monitoring of tumor growth. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2020, 59, 23268-23276 (†contributed equally).
24. Yaxi Li,† Dehong Hu,† Zonghai Sheng, Tianliang Min, Menglei Zha, Jen-Shyang Ni, Hairong Zheng,* Kai Li.* Self-assembled AIEgen nanoparticles for multiscale NIR-II vascular imaging. Biomaterials 2021, 264, 120365 (†contributed equally).
25. Xuanyu Li,† Menglei Zha,† Yaxi Li, Jen-Shyang Ni, Tianliang Min, Tianyi Kang, Guang Yang, Hao Tang, Kai Li,* Xingyu Jiang.* Sub-10 nm aggregation-induced emission quantum dots assembled by microfluidics for enhanced tumor-targeting and reduced retention in the liver. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2020, 59, 21899-21903 (†contributed equally). (Hot Paper)
26. Jen-Shyang Ni,† Xun Zhang,† Guang Yang, Tianyi Kang, Xiangwei Lin, Menglei Zha, Yaxi Li, Lidai Wang, Kai Li.* A photoinduced nonadiabatic decay-guided molecular motor triggers effective photothermal conversion for hyperthermia cancer therapy. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2020, 59, 11298-11302 (†contributed equally).
27. Jen-Shyang Ni,† Tianliang Min,† Yaxi Li, Menglei Zha, Pengfei Zhang, Chun Loong Ho, Kai Li.* Planar AIEgens with enhanced solid-state luminescence and ROS-generation for multidrug-resistant bacteria treatment. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2020, 59, 10179-10185 (†contributed equally).
28. Jen-Shyang Ni,† Yaxi Li,† Wentong Yue, Bin Liu,* Kai Li.* Nanoparticle-based cell trackers for biomedical applications. Theranostics 2020, 10, 1923-1947 (†contributed equally).
29. Zhijun Zhang, Wenhua Xu, Miaomiao Kang, Haifei Wen, Heng Guo, Pengfei Zhang, Lei Xi, Kai Li, Lei Wang, Dong Wang,* Ben Zhong Tang.* An all‐round athlete on the track of phototheranostics: subtly regulating the balance between radiative and nonradiative decays for multimodal imaging‐guided synergistic therapy. Adv. Mater. 2020, 32, 2003210.
30. Jiachang Huang, Benzhao He, Zhijun Zhang, Youmei Li, Miaomiao Kang, Yuanwei Wang, Kai Li, Dong Wang,* Ben Zhong Tang,* Aggregation‐induced emission luminogens married to 2D black phosphorus nanosheets for highly efficient multimodal theranostics. Adv. Mater. 2020, 32, 2003382.
31. Wenhan Xu,† Zhijun Zhang,† Miaomiao Kang, Heng Guo, Youmei Li, Haifei Wen, Michelle M. S. Lee, Zhaoyu Wang, Ryan T. K. Kwok, Jacky W. Y. Lam, Kai Li, Lei Xi*, Sijie Chen, Dong Wang*, Ben Zhong Tang.* Making the best use of excited-state energy: Multimodality theranostic systems based on second near-infrared (NIR-II) aggregation-induced emission luminogens (AIEgens). ACS Materials Lett. 2020, 2, 1033-1040 (†contributed equally).
32. Qiyao Li,† Ying Li,† Tianliang Min,† Junyi Gong, Lili Du, David Lee Phillips, Junkai Liu, Jacky W. Y. Lam, Herman H. Y. Sung, Ian D. Williams, Ryan T. K. Kwok, Chun Loong Ho, Kai Li, Jianguo Wang,* Ben Zhong Tang.* Time‐dependent photodynamic therapy for multiple targets: a highly efficient AIE‐active photosensitizer for selective bacterial elimination and cancer cell ablation. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2020, 59, 9470-9477 (†contributed equally).
33. Huaxiao Yang,* Xulei Qin, Huiyuan Wang, Xin Zhao, Yonggang Liu, Hung-Ta Wo, Chun Liu, Masataka Nishiga, Haodong Chen, Jing Ge, Nazish Sayed, Oscar J. Abilez, Dan Ding, Sarah C. Heilshorn, Kai Li.* An in vivo miRNA delivery system for restoring infarcted myocardium. ACS Nano 2019, 13, 9880-9894.
34. Ashok J. Theruvath,† Hossein Nejadnik,† Olga Lenkov, Ketan Yerneni, Kai Li, Lara Kuntz, Cody Wolterman, Jutta Tuebel, Rainer Burgkart, Tie Liang, Stephen Felt, Heike E. Daldrup-Link.* Tracking stem cell implants in cartilage defects of minipigs by using ferumoxytol-enhanced MRI. Radiology 2019, 292, 182176.
35. Guorui Jin, Rongyan He, Qian Liu, Min Lin, Yuqing Dong, Kai Li, Ben Zhong Tang, Bin Liu, Feng Xu. Near-infrared light-regulated cancer theranostic nanoplatform based on aggregation-induced emission luminogen encapsulated upconversion nanoparticles. Theranostics 2019, 9, 246-264.
36. Xin-Chi Jiang, Jia-Jia Xiang, Hong-Hui Wu, Tian-Yuan Zhang, Dan-Ping Zhang, Qian-Hao Xu, Xiao-Li Huang, Xiang-Lei Kong, Ji-Hong Sun, Yu-Lan Hu, Kai Li, Yasuhiko Tabata, You-Qing Shen, Jian-Qing Gao. Neural stem cells transfected with reactive oxygen species-responsive polyplexes for effective treatment of ischemic stroke. Adv. Mater. 2019, 31, 1807591.
37. Xulei Qin,† Haodong Chen,† Huaxiao Yang,† Haodi Wu, Xin Zhao, Huiyuan Wang, Tony Chour, Evgenios Neofytou, Dan Ding, Heike Daldrup-Link, Sarah C. Heilshorn, Kai Li,* Joseph C. Wu.* Photoacoustic imaging of embryonic stem cell-derived cardiomyocytes in living hearts with ultrasensitive semiconducting polymer nanoparticles. Adv. Funct. Mater. 2018, 28, 1704939 (†contributed equally).
38. Heqi Gao, Xiaoyan Zhang, Chao Chen, Kai Li,* Dan Ding.* Unity makes strength: how aggregation-induced emission luminogens advance the biomedical field. Adv. Biosys. 2018, 2, 1800074 (Invited Review).
39. Kai Li, † Carmel T. Chan, † Hossein Nejadnik, † Olga D. Lenkov, Cody Wolterman, Ramasamy Paulmurugan, Huaxiao Yang, Sanjiv Sam Gambhir, Heike E. Daldrup-Link. Ferumoxytol-based dual-modality imaging probe for detection of stem cell transplant rejection. Nanotheranostics 2018, 2, 306-319 (†contributed equally).
40. Xiang Ni, Shaorui Jia, Xingchen Duan, Dan Ding,* Kai Li.* Fluorescent nanoparticles for noninvasive stem cell tracking in regenerative medicine. J. Biomed. Nanotechnol. 2018, 14, 240-256 (Invited Review).
41. Kai Li,* Hossein Nejadnik, Heike E. Daldrup-Link.* Next generation superparamagnetic iron oxide nanoparticles for cancer theranostics. Drug Discov. Today 2017, 22, 1421-1429 (Invited Review).
42. Guorui Jin, Jun Li, Kai Li.* Photosensitive semiconducting polymer-incorporated nanofibers for promoting the regeneration of skin wound. Mater. Sci. Eng. C 2017, 70, 1176-1181.
43. Suchismita Mohanty, Zixin Chen, Kai Li, Goreti Ribeiro Morais, Jessica Klockow, Ketan Yerneni, Laura Pisani, Frederick T. Chin, Siddhartha Mitra, Samuel Cheshier, Edwin Chang, Sanjiv Sam Gambhir, Jianghong Rao, Paul M. Loadman, Robert A. Falconer, Heike E. Daldrup-Link. A novel theranostic strategy for MMP-14 expressing glioblastomas impacts survival. Mol. Cancer Ther. 2017, 16, 1909-1921.
44. Hossein Nejadnik,† Seyedmeghdad Taghavigarmestani,† Steven Madsen, Kai Li, Saeid Zanganeh, Phillip Yang, Morteza Mahmoudi, Heike E. Daldrup-Link. The protein corona around nanoparticles facilitates stem cell labeling for clinical MRI. Radiology 2017, DOI: 10.1148/radiol.2017170130 (†contributed equally).
45. Guorui Jin, Guangxue Feng, Wei Qin, Ben Zhong Tang, Bin Liu,* Kai Li.* Multifunctional organic nanoparticles with aggregation-induced emission (AIE) characteristics for targeted photodynamic therapy and RNA interference therapy. Chem. Commun. 2016, 52, 2752-2755.
46. Shengjie Peng, Guorui Jin, Linlin Li, Kai Li, Madhavi Srinivasan, Seeram Ramakrishna, Jun Chen. Multi-functional electrospun nanofibres for advances in tissue regeneration, energy conversion & storage, and water treatment. Chem. Soc. Rev. 2016, 45, 1225-1241.
47. Guorui Jin, Duo Mao, Pingqiang Cai, Rongrong Liu, Nikodem Tomczak, Jie Liu, Xiaodong Chen, Deling Kong, Dan Ding,* Bin Liu,* Kai Li.* Conjugated polymer nanodots as ultrastable long-term trackers to understand mesenchymal stem cell therapy in skin regeneration. Adv. Funct. Mater. 2015, 25, 4263-4273 (Frontispiece Story).
48. Jie Liu, Kai Li,* Bin Liu.* Far-red/near-infrared conjugated polymer nanoparticles for long-term in-situ monitoring of liver tumor growth. Adv. Sci. 2015, 2, 1500008.
49. Ghayathri Balasundaram, Chris Jun Hui Ho, Kai Li, Wouter Driessen, U. S. Dinish, Chi Lok Wong, Vasilis Ntziachristos, Bin Liu, Malini Olivo. Molecular photoacoustic imaging of breast cancer using an actively targeted conjugated polymer. Inter. J. Nanomedicine 2015, 10, 387-397.
50. Dan Kai, Zhi Wei Low, Sing Shy Liow, Anis Abdul Karim, Hongye Ye, Guorui Jin, Kai Li, Xian Jun Loh. Development of lignin supramolecular hydrogels with mechanically responsive and self-healing properties. ACS Sustain. Chem. Eng. 2015, 3, 2160-2169.
51. Lu Peng, Meng Gao, Xiaolei Cai, Ruoyu Zhang, Kai Li, Guangxue Feng, Aijun Tong, Bin Liu. A fluorescent light-up probe based on AIE and ESIPT processes for beta-galactosidase activity detection and visualization in living cells. J. Mater. Chem. B 2015, 3, 9168-9172.
52. Kai Li, Bin Liu. Polymer-encapsulated organic nanoparticles for fluorescence and photoacoustic imaging. Chem. Soc. Rev. 2014, 43, 6570-6597.
53. Dan Ding,† Duo Mao,† Kai Li,† Xiaomin Wang, Wei Qin, Rongrong Liu, David Shunzhong Chiam, Nikodem Tomczak, Zhimou Yang, Ben Zhong Tang, Deling Kong, Bin Liu. Precise and long-term tracking of adipose-derived stem cells and their regenerative capacity via superb bright and stable organic nanodots. ACS Nano 2014, 8, 12620-12631 (†contributed equally).
54. Guorui Jin, Kai Li.* The electrically conductive scaffold as the skeleton of stem cell niche in regenerative medicine. Mater. Sci. Eng. C 2014, 45, 671-681 (Invited Review).
55. Kai Li,† Mie Yamamoto,† Su Jing Chan, Mun Yee Chiam, Wei Qin, Peter Tsun Hon Wong, Evelyn King Fai Yim, Ben Zhong Tang, Bin Liu. Organic nanoparticles with aggregation-induced emission for tracking bone marrow stromal cells in the rat ischemic stroke model. Chem. Commun. 2014, 50, 15136-15139 (Cover Story, †contributed equally).
56. Wei Qin,† Kai Li,† Guangxue Feng, Min Li, Zhiyong Yang, Bin Liu, Ben Zhong Tang. Bright and photostable organic fluorescent dots with aggregation-induced emission characteristics for noninvasive long-term cell imaging. Adv. Funct. Mater. 2014, 24, 635-643 (†contributed equally).
57. Guangxue Feng,† Kai Li,† Jie Liu, Dan Ding, Bin Liu. Bright single-chain conjugated polymer dots embedded nanoparticles for long-term cell tracing and imaging. Small 2014, 10, 1212-1219 (†contributed equally).
58. Junlong Geng, Kai Li, Wei Qin, Ben Zhong Tang, Bin Liu. Red-emissive chemiluminescent nanoparticles with aggregation-induced emission characteristics for in vivo hydrogen peroxide imaging. Part. Part. Syst. Charact. 2014, 31, 1238-1243.
59. Youyong Yuan, Dan Ding, Kai Li, Jie Liu, Bin Liu. Tumor-responsive fluorescent light-up probe based on gold nanoparticle/conjugated polyelectrolyte hybrid. Small 2014, 11, 1967-1975. (Cover Story)
60. Zibiao Li, Beng H. Tan, Guorui Jin, Kai Li, Chaobin He. Design of polyhedral oligomeric silsesquioxane (POSS) based thermo-responsive amphiphilic hybrid copolymers for thermally denatured protein protection applications. Poly. Chem. 2014, 5, 6740-6753.
61. Guangxue Feng, Dan Ding, Kai Li, Jie Liu, Bin Liu. Reversible photoswitching conjugated polymer nanoparticles for cell and ex vivo tumor imaging. Nanoscale 2014, 6, 4141-4147.
62. Kai Li, Wei Qin, Dan Ding, Nikodem Tomczak, Junlong Geng, Rongrong Liu, Jianzhao Liu, Xinhai Zhang, Hongyu Liu, Bin Liu, Ben Zhong Tang. Photostable fluorescent organic dots with aggregation-induced emission (AIE dots) for noninvasive long-term cell tracing. Sci. Rep. 2013, 3, 1150 (Highlighted by Nature News).
63. Kai Li, Dan Ding, Prashant Chandrasekharan, Wei Qin, Chang-Tong Yang, Ben Zhong Tang, Bin Liu. Gadolinium-functionalized aggregation-induced emission dots as dual-modality probes for cancer metastasis study. Adv. Healthcare Mater. 2013, 2, 1600-1605.
64. Kai Li, Zhenshu Zhu, Zujin Zhao, Nikodem Tomczak, Pingqiang Cai, Rongrong Liu, Jie Liu, Wei Qin, Yong Hu, Xiaodong Chen, Ben Zhong Tang, Bin Liu. Organic dots with aggregation-induced emission (AIE dots) characteristics for dual-color cell tracing. Chem. Mater. 2013, 25, 4181-4187.
65. Kai Li, Dan Ding, QiuLi Zhao, JingZhi Sun, B. Z. Tang, B. Liu. Biocompatible organic dots with aggregation-induced emission for in vitro and in vivo fluorescence imaging. Sci. China Chem. 2013, 56, 1228-1233.
66. Dan Ding, Kai Li, Bin Liu, Ben Zhong Tang. Bioprobes based on AIE fluorogens. Acc. Chem. Res. 2013, 46, 2441-2453.
67. Jing Liang, Kai Li, Bin Liu. Visual sensing with conjugated polyelectrolytes. Chem. Sci. 2013, 4, 1377-1394 (Invited Review).
68. Jie Liu, Kai Li, Junlong Geng, Li Zhou. Prashant Chandrasekharan, Chang-Tong Yang, Bin Liu. Single molecular hyperbranched nanoprobes for fluorescence and magnetic resonance dual modal imaging. Poly. Chem. 2013, 4, 1517-1524.
69. Junlong Geng, Kai Li, Wei Qin, Lin Ma, Gagik G. Gurzadyan, Ben Zhong Tang, Bin Liu. Eccentric loading of fluorogen with aggregation-induced emission in PLGA matrix increases nanoparticle fluorescence quantum yield for targeted cellular imaging. Small 2013, 9, 2012-2019.
70. Dan Ding, Kai Li, Wei Qin, Ruoyu Zhan, Yong Hu, Jianzhao Liu, Ben Zhong Tang, Bin Liu. Conjugated polymer amplified far-red/near-infrared fluorescence from nanoparticles with aggregation-induced emission characteristics for targeted in vivo imaging. Adv. Health. Mater. 2013, 2, 500-507 (Cover Story).
71. Dan Ding, Jie Liu, Guangxue Feng, Kai Li, Yong Hu, Bin Liu. Bright far-red/near-infrared conjugated polymer nanoparticles for in vivo bioimaging. Small 2013, 9, 3093-3102.
72. Kai Li, Dan Ding, Da Huo, Kan-Yi Pu, Ngo Nguyen Phuong Thao, Yong Hu, Zhi Li, Bin Liu. Conjugated polymer based nanoparticles as dual-modal probes for targeted in vivo fluorescence and magnetic resonance imaging. Adv. Funct. Mater. 2012, 22, 3107-3115.
73. Kai Li, Bin Liu. Polymer encapsulated conjugated polymer nanoparticles for fluorescence bioimaging. J. Mater. Chem. 2012, 22, 1257-1264.
74. Junlong Geng,† Kai Li,† Dan Ding, Xinhai Zhang, Wei Qin, Jianzhao Liu, Ben Zhong Tang, Bin Liu. Lipid-PEG-folate encapsulated nanoparticles with aggregation induced emission characteristics: cellular uptake mechanism and two-photon fluorescence imaging. Small 2012, 8, 3655-3663 (†contributed equally).
75. Qiuli Zhao,† Kai Li,† Sijie Chen, Anjun Qin, Dan Ding, Shuang Zhang, Yi Liu, Bin Liu, Jing Zhi Sun, Ben Zhong Tang. Aggregation-induced red-NIR emission organic nanoparticles as effective and photostable fluorescent probes for bioimaging. J. Mater. Chem. 2012, 22, 15128-15135 (†contributed equally).
76. Junlong Geng, Kai Li, Kan-Yi Pu, Dan Ding, Bin Liu. Conjugated polymer and gold nanoparticle co-loaded PLGA nanocomposites with eccentric internal nanostructure for dual-modal targeted cellular imaging. Small 2012, 15, 2421-2429.
77. Jing Liang, Kai Li, Gagik G. Gurzadyan, Xianmao Lu, Bin Liu. Silver nanocube-enhanced far-red/near-infrared fluorescence of conjugated polyelectrolyte for cellular imaging. Langmuir 2012, 28, 11302-11309.
78. Dan Ding, Guan Wang, Jianzhao Liu, Kai Li, Kan-Yi Pu, Yong Hu, Jason C. Y. Ng, Ben Zhong Tang, Bin Liu. Hyperbranched conjugated polyelectrolyte for dual-modality fluorescence and magnetic resonance cancer imaging. Small 2012, 8, 3523-3530.
79. Guan Wang, Xinhai Zhang, Junlong Geng, Kai Li, Dan Ding, Liping Cai, Yee-Hing Lai, Bin Liu. Glycosylated star-shaped conjugated oligomers for targeted two-photon fluorescence imaging. Chem. Eur. J. 2012, 18, 9705-9713.
80. Guan Wang, Junlong Geng, Xinhai Zhang, Liping Cai, Dan Ding, Kai Li, Long Wang, Yee-Hing Lai, Bin Liu. Pyrene-based water dispersible orange emitter for one- and two-photon fluorescence cellular imaging. Polym. Chem. 2012, 3, 2464-2470.
81. Kai Li, Yutao Liu, Kan-Yi Pu, Si-Shen Feng, Ruoyu Zhan, Bin Liu. Polyhedral oligomeric silsesquioxanes-containing conjugated polymer loaded PLGA nanoparticles with Trastuzumab (Herceptin) functionalization for HER2-positive cancer cell detection. Adv. Funct. Mater. 2011, 21, 287-294 (Inside Front Cover Story).
82. Kai Li, Kan-Yi Pu, Liping Cai, Bin Liu. Phalloidin-functionalized hyperbranched conjugated polyelectrolyte for filamentous actin imaging in living Hela cells. Chem. Mater. 2011, 23, 2113-2119.
83. Kai Li, Yihua Jiang, Dan Ding, Xinhai Zhang, Yutao Liu, Jianli Hua, Si-Shen Feng, Bin Liu. Folic acid-functionalized two-photon absorbing nanoparticles for targeted MCF-7 cancer cell imaging. Chem. Commun. 2011, 47, 7323-7325 (Back Cover Story).
84. Kai Li, Ruoyu Zhan, Si-Shen Feng, Bin Liu. Conjugated polymer loaded nanospheres with surface functionalization for simultaneous discrimination of different live cancer cells under single wavelength excitation. Anal. Chem. 2011, 83, 2125-2132.
85. Yu Mi,† Kai Li,† Yutao Liu, Kan-Yi Pu, Bin Liu, Si-Shen Feng. Herceptin functionalized polyhedral oligomeric silsesquioxane-conjugated oligomers-silica/iron oxide nanoparticles for tumor cell sorting and detection. Biomaterials 2011, 32, 8226-8233 (†contributed equally).
86. Dan Ding, Kai Li, Zhenshu Zhu, Kan-Yi Pu, Yong Hu, Xiqun Jiang, Bin Liu. Conjugated polyelectrolyte-cisplatin complex nanoparticles for simultaneous in vivo imaging and drug tracking. Nanoscale 2011, 3, 1997-2002.
87. Dan Ding, Kan-Yi Pu, Kai Li, Bin Liu. Conjugated oligoelectrolyte-polyhedral oligomeric Silsesquioxane
loaded pH-responsive nanoparticles for targeted fluorescence imaging of cancer cell nucleus. Chem. Commun. 2011, 47, 9837-9839.
88. Kan-Yi Pu, Zhentao Luo, Kai Li, Jianping Xie, Bin Liu. Energy transfer between conjugated-oligoelectrolyte-substituted POSS and gold nanocluster for multicolor intracellular detection of mercury ion. J. Phys. Chem. C 2011, 115, 13069-13075.
89. Kan-Yi Pu, Jianbing Shi, Liping Cai, Kai Li, Bin Liu. Affibody-attached hyperbranched conjugated polyelectrolyte for targeted fluorescence imaging of HER2-positive cancer cell. Biomacromolecules 2011, 12, 2966-2974.
90. Guan Wang, Kan-Yi Pu, Xinhai Zhang, Kai Li, Long Wang, Liping Cai, Dan Ding, Yee-Hing Lai, Bin Liu. Star-shaped glycosylated conjugated oligomer for two-photon fluorescence imaging of live cells. Chem. Mater. 2011, 23, 4428-4434.
91. Kai Li, Bin Liu. Water-soluble conjugated polymers as the platform for protein sensors. Polym. Chem. 2010, 1, 252-259 (Cover Story).
92. Kan-Yi Pu,† Kai Li,† Bin Liu. Multicolor conjugate polyelectrolyte/peptide complexes as self-assembled nanoparticles for receptor-targeted cellular imaging. Chem. Mater. 2010, 22, 6736-6741 (†contributed equally).
93. Kan-Yi Pu, Kai Li, Bin Liu. Cationic oligofluorene-substituted polyhedral oligomeric silsesquioxane as light-harvesting unimolecular nanoparticle for fluorescence amplification in cellular imaging. Adv. Mater. 2010, 22, 643-646.
94. Kan-Yi Pu, Kai Li, Xinhai Zhang, Bin Liu. Conjugated oligoelectrolyte harnessed polyhedral oligomeric silsesquioxane as light-up hybrid nanodot for two-photon fluorescence imaging of cellular nucleus. Adv. Mater. 2010, 22, 4186-4189.
95. Kan-Yi Pu, Kai Li, Bin Liu. A molecular brush approach to enhance quantum yield and suppress nonspecific interactions of conjugated polyelectrolyte for targeted far-red/near-infrared fluorescence cell imaging. Adv. Funct. Mater. 2010, 20, 2770-2777.
96. Yutao Liu, Kai Li, Jie Pan, Bin Liu, Si-Shen Feng. Folic acid conjugated nanoparticles of mixed lipid monolayer shell and biodegradable polymer core for targeted delivery of docetaxel. Biomaterials 2010, 31, 330-338.
97. Yutao Liu, Kai Li, Bin Liu, Si-Shen Feng. A strategy for precision engineering of nanoparticles of biodegradable copolymers for quantitative control of targeted drug delivery. Biomaterials 2010, 31, 9145-9155.
98. Kai Li, Jie Pan, Si-Shen Feng, Arthur Wenqing Wu, Kan-Yi Pu, Yutao Liu, Bin Liu. Generic strategy of preparing fluorescent conjugated polymer-loaded poly(dl-lactide-co-glycolide) nanoparticles for targeted cell imaging. Adv. Funct. Mater. 2009, 19, 3535-3542 (Frontispiece Story).
99. Kai Li, Bin Liu. Conjugated polyelectrolyte amplified thiazole orange emission for label free sequence specific DNA detection with single nucleotide polymorphism selectivity. Anal. Chem. 2009, 81, 4099-4150.
100. Kan-Yi Pu, Kai Li, Jianbing Shi, Bin Liu. Fluorescent single-molecular core-shell nanospheres of hyperbranched conjugated polyelectrolyte for live-cell imaging. Chem. Mater. 2009, 21, 3816-3822.