Assistant Professor School of Environmental Science and Engineering
Xiuyu Liang, Assistant Professor, Ph.D. Nanjing University. Before he joined SUSTech, he was an Research Associate of the Center for Hydrosciences Research at Nanjing University. His research interests include the temporal scaling of subsurface flow and solute transport in watersheds, the coupling unsaturated-saturated flow, the interaction between the surface-groundwater flow, and the residence time distribution of groundwater flow. He has been the PI/Co-PI of more than 10 funded projects. He is the first and/or corresponding authors of 28 SCI papers. The most of the papers published on top-tier SCI journals, including “Water Resources Research” and “Water Research”. He has served as associate editor for two hydrology and water resource journals “Stoch Environ Res Risk Assess” and “Vadose Zone Journal”.
- 2009.9-2012.6, Ph.D. in Hydrology and Water Resource, Nanjing University, China
- 2005.9-2008.6, M.S. in Geological Engineering, Anhui University of Science and Technology, China
- 2001.9-2005.6, B.S. in Resources and Environment, Anhui University of Science and Technology, China
Professional and Academic Positions:
- 2021.1-Now, Assistant Professor, School of Environmental Science and Engineering, Southern University of Science and Technology
- 2018.2-2020.12, Research Associate Professor, School of Environmental Science and Engineering, Southern University of Science and Technology
- 2015.7-2018.1, Associate Researcher, Center for Hydrosciences Research, Nanjing University
- 2012.7-2015.6, Assistant Researcher, Center for Hydrosciences Research, Nanjing University
- 2016.11-2017.11, Visiting Scholar, Department of Geology & Geophysics, Texas A&M University
- 2013.8-2014.8, Postdoc Researcher, Department of Geoscience, University of Iowa
Editorial Duty and Membership：
- 2019-present Associate Editor, Stochastic Environmental Research and Risk Assessment
- 2020-2022 Associate Editor, Vadose Zone Journal
- 2020-present Committee member, Groundwater Science and Engineering Committee of Chinese Hydraulic Engineering Society
Honors and Awards：
- 2018, Outstanding Reviewer of Journal of Hydrology
- 2016, Outstanding Reviewer of Journal of Hydrology
- 2011, Guanghua Scholarship, Nanjing University
- 2011, The Excellent Postgraduates, Nanjing University
1. Coupling unsaturated-saturated flow.
2. Interaction of the surface-groundwater flow.
3. Modeling of vapor instrusion.
4. Stochastic theory of flow and transport in geological media.
ESE5017-Spatial Statistics (Applied Geostatistics)
Publications Read More
New publication "Dynamics in Diffusive Emissions of Dissolved Gases from Groundwater Induced by Fluctuated Ground Surface Temperature"2022-02-09
New publication "Effects of Unsaturated Flow on Hydraulic Head Response to Earth Tides–An Analytical Model"2022-02-09
Our paper has been accepted by ERL2021-08-03