Assistant Professor Department of Mechanical and Energy Engineering
Liang Guo received Bachelor degree in mechanical engineering, Tsinghua University in 2009. He conducted graduate research on nanoscale heat transfer in Mechanical Engineering, Purdue University. His projects include heat transfer across metal-dielectric interfaces, wavelength tuning effect in time-domain thermoreflectance for measuring thermal properties, and phonon dynamics in thermoelectric materials. He obtained PhD degree in September, 2014. From October, 2014 to July, 2017, as a postdoctoral researcher, he utilized femtosecond two-dimensional electronic spectroscopy (2DES) to study energy transfer in novel two-dimensional semiconductors in chemistry, University of California, Berkeley. His current project is exciton dynamics in monolayer transition metal dichalcogenides (TMDCs). Since 2012, he has published 10 papers listed in SCI/EI, 7 of which are first-author. He will join mechanical and energy engineering of South University of Science and Technology of China in January , 2018.
◆ 2009.09-2014.09 PhD, Mechanical Engineering, Purdue University
◆ 2005.09-2009.06 BS, Mechanical Engineering, Tsinghua University
◆ Nanoscale energy conversion and transfer
◆ Laser-matter interaction
◆ Femtosecond time-resolved spectroscopy
◆ Micro- and nanoscale manufacture by laser
Energy Engineering Fundamentals ME304 (Spring; For Undergrads)
Advanced Laser Processing and Inspection Technology MEE5207 (Fall; For Graduates)
Publications Read More
Lab members Read More
- Postdoctoral appointment period is two years
- Postdoctoral annual salary is 335,000 yuan, including Guangdong subsidies of 150,000 RMB (before tax) and Shenzhen living subsidies of 60,000 RMB (after tax), and based on the relevant regulations of Shenzhen to participate in social insurance and housing provident fund. Postdoctoral welfare funds shall be paid according to the standards of faculty and staff in posts of the university.
- Excellent candidates can apply for excellent postdoctoral position with an annual salary of RMB 415,000. (including subsidies from Guangdong and Shenzhen).
- The research group provides excellent working environment and opportunities for cooperation and exchange at home and abroad. During the two years of postdoctoral study, the research group enjoys a total of 25,000 RMB academic exchange funds;
- The research group shall provide sufficient scientific research support, and assist the postdoctoral fellow to apply for scientific research projects of China postdoctoral science foundation, national natural science foundation, Guangdong province and Shenzhen city as the person in charge;
- The research group can assist qualified postdocs to apply for "Guangdong overseas young postdoctoral program". In the world's top 200 universities (excluding, ranking above a year of The Times, USNEWS, QS world university rankings and Shanghai Jiao Tong university), PhD, postdoctoral units engaged in postdoctoral research station to be established in the southern province of Guangdong, and promised to stand more than 2 years of postdoctoral, after the application is successful provincial finance gives each postdoctoral researcher to fund 600000 RMB allowance; For postdoctoral students who have been funded by this project and signed work agreements or labor contracts with employers in Guangdong province after leaving the station, and promised to work in Guangdong for more than 3 years continuously, the provincial finance department will give each person a housing subsidy of 400,000 RMB.
- Applicants should obtain or will obtain a doctorate degree in mechanics (including energy, heat, precision instrument), electronics, optics, condensed matter physics, etc.;
- Applicants should have a solid mathematical foundation and the enthusiasm for scientific research, and he/she should also be able to think independently with an innovative spirit and a down-to-earth style of work.
- Those with experience in femtosecond spectroscopy or laser processing are preferred.
- Participate in team building and management;
- Participate in scientific research funding applications and rely on the team to apply for scientific research projects at the national, provincial and municipal levels (postdoctoral science fund, National Natural Science Foundation of China Youth Project, etc.);
- Conduct research on topics relatively independently and publish high-level academic papers
- Participate in the guidance of doctoral, master, and undergraduate students.
Interested Applicants please send soft copies of relevant supporting materials in pdf format, including detailed personal resumes, earliest arrival time, degree certificates, etc. to: email@example.com and Cc to Professor Guo: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the subject of the email: graduation school + name + application position.