Assistant Professor Department of Ocean Science and Engineering
Dr Yong Fu obtained his PhD degree in the National University of Singapore in 2018, and worked as a research fellow during 2018 and 2020 before he joined the Department of Ocean Science and Engineering, Southern University of Science and Technology, Shenzhen, China, as an Assistant Professor. His research interest and expertise include offshore geotechnical engineering (i.e. deepwater anchors, spudcans and pipelines), underground space technology (i.e. development of horizontal DCM equipment), physical experiments (i.e. laboratory, centrifuge and field experiments), large deformation finite element modelling (i.e. CEL and RITSS methods). In recent years, Dr Fu has published more than ten high-quality international journal papers in world-renowned geotechnical journals such as Geotechnique, Canadian Geotechnical Journal, Computers and Geotechnics, Geotechnical Testing Journal. In addition, he also served as the reviewer of several international journals.
Offshore geotechnical engineering (i.e. deepwater anchors, spudcans and pipelines)
Underground space technology (i.e. development of horizontal DCM equipment)
Physical experiments (i.e. laboratory, centrifuge and field experiments)
Large deformation finite element modelling (i.e. CEL and RITSS methods)
Publications Read More
Lab members Read More
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (PRF)
The PRF position is immediately available for candidates to conduct research under the project on “Application and Technology of Offshore Foundations for Large Floating Structures”. The appointment will be for two years.
- Installation efficiency and stability
- Cyclic loading of offshore foundations
- Load and displacement behavior
- Soil-foundation interaction
- Physical model experiment
- Numerical simulation using finite element and CFD modelling
- A PhD degree (or near completed) in Geotechnical Engineering, Civil, Offshore, Coastal Engineering;
- Candidates with experiences on physical model experiments and numerical modelling are very welcome to apply;
- Experiences with ABAQUS, FLUENT, or similar software;
- Ability to perform independent research and commitment to interdisciplinary research;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, demonstrated by presentation of research results at conferences and through publications;
- Experiences with programming skills (Matlab, C++, Fortran, Python…) are highly desired.
The salary and benefits are internationally competitive and commensurate with each candidate's experience.
- Basic salary is RMB320K-350K/annual (including a tax-free RMB180,000/annual allowance from Shenzhen government, compensated after passing an evaluation); excellent candidate can apply for Presidential Fellowship with salary RMB500,000/annual;
- Foreign passport (some countries) holder could apply for tax exemption;
- Housing allowance RMB2800/month;
- Medical insurance package, pension and other staff benefits;
To apply, please forward the following documents with subject indicating interested position to Dr Yong FU (Email: email@example.com)
- A cover letter
- A research statement summarizing the key research experience & expertise, and future plans.
- CV, including a list of publications.
- Names and contacts of two academic referees (1 should be PhD main supervisor, if any)
About the University:
Southern University of Science and Technology (SUSTech) is a new public research university with high starting point and high positioning, which was established in Shenzhen under the background of the reform and development of Higher education in China. In the Times Higher Education Asia University Rankings 2021, SUSTech was ranked 26th in Asia and 8th in mainland China. In the QS World University Rankings 2022, SUSTech was ranked 13th among universities on the Chinese mainland and 275th in the world. In The Times Higher Education ranking of the world’s young Universities (established less than 50 years ago), SUSTech retained its top spot on the Chinese mainland, ranking 26th in the world.
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.