Assistant Professor Department of Ocean Science and Engineering
Dr Xingya Feng is currently an Assistant Professor at the Department of Ocean Science and Engineering, Southern University of Science and Technology, Shenzhen, China. Dr Feng obtained his B.Eng. in Hydraulic Engineering from Hohai Unviersity in 2011, and Ph.D. in Offshore Engineering at the National University of Singapore (NUS) in 2016. From 2016 to 2019, he was a Postdoc Researcher in NUS and the University of Oxford. Dr Feng joined SUSTech from 2019.
Dr Feng's research focuses on hydrodynamic analysis of nonlinear wave-structure interactions. His work includes nonlinear wave theory and wave interactions with offshore structures, numerical modelling of complex offshore floating systems and computational fluid dynamics. His research interest includes environmental fluid mechanics, offshore and coastal engineering, and offshore renewable energy. Dr Feng is interested in applying machine learning techniques in the description and predition of ocean waves and currents and their loads.
OCE207 Offshore Hydrodynamics
Publications Read More
Lab members Read More
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (PRF)
The PRF position is immediately available for candidates to conduct research under the projects on “Hydrodynamic analysis of Very Large Floating Structures in extreme waves” or “Floating Offshore Wind Turbine”. The appointment will be for two years.
- Offshore hydrodynamics
- Wave theory and wave modelling
- Loads and motions analysis of floating structures
- Fluid-structure interactions
- Numerical simulation of wave-body interaction using potential flow and/or CFD models
- A PhD degree (or near completed) in Civil, Offshore/Ocean, Coastal Engineering, or Applied Mathematics;
- Candidates with experiences on potential flow and hydrodynamics are very welcome to apply;
- Experiences with WAMIT, SEASAM, HydroSTAR or similar code;
- Knowledge in boundary element method, higher-order spectral method
- Ability to perform independent research and commitment to interdisciplinary research;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, demonstrated by presentation of research results at conferences and through publications;
- Excellent programming skills (Matlab, C++, Fortran, Python…)
- Experiences with Hydrodynamics and Wave-Structure Interaction are highly desired.
The salary and benefits are internationally competitive and commensurate with each candidate's experience.
- Basic salary is RMB320K-350K/annual (including a tax-free 180,000/annual allowance from Shenzhen government, compensated after passing an evaluation); excellent candidate can apply for Presidential Fellowship with salary RMB500,000/annual;
- Foreign passport (some countries) holder could apply for tax exemption;
- Housing allowance 2800/month;
- Medical insurance package, pension and other staff benefits;
To apply, please forward the following documents with subject indicating interested position to Dr Xingya Feng (Email: email@example.com)
- A cover letter
- A research statement summarizing the key research experience & expertise, and future plans.
- CV, including a list of publications.
- Names and contacts of two academic referees (1 should be PhD main supervisor, if any)
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.