Professor |School of Life Sciences, Department of Biology
Dr. Tao Dong is a full professor in the School of Life Sciences at SUSTech. He obtained his BSc from Shandong University and PhD from McMaster University. He then moved to Boston for his postdoctoral training with John Mekalanos at Harvard Medical School, during which he received the prestigious Banting fellowship. He became an assistant professor in 2013 at the University of Calgary and was promoted to tenured associate and later full professor before he joined SUSTech.
Dr. Dong’s research is focused on understanding the molecular adaptation mechanisms that enable bacteria to survive in diverse natural and host environments, finding novel antimicrobials, and understanding how protein secretion systems function during host-pathogen interactions.
Publications Read More
Lab members Read More
I. Postdoctoral Fellowship
1） PhD degree, with high academic level and scientific research ability.
2） Research background in microbiology, cell biology, structural biology, biochemistry, bioinformatics, botany and other related majors, and experience in experiments related to laser confocal, CRISPR/Cas9 editing and screening, transgenic mice, nematodes, drosophila, zebrafish and other model organisms are preferred.
3） Have good English writing and communication skills, and have published research papers in international high-level journals in professional fields are preferred.
1) The postdoctoral appointment period is two years, with annual salary starting from C$66,000. Specially outstanding candidates can apply for the President's Postdoctoral Excellence, with an annual salary of more than C$100,000. (including living allowance in Guangdong Province and Shenzhen City).
2) The group will assist eligible postdocs to apply for the "Guangdong Overseas Young Postdocs Introduction Program". Postdocs will be granted a living allowance of C$120,000 by the provincial government after successful application. The postdoctoral fellow who has been funded by this project and signed a work agreement or labor contract with an employer in Guangdong Province after leaving the station and has committed to work in Guangdong for more than 3 years will be given a housing subsidy of C$80,000 by the provincial government.
II. Research Assistant
1) Research background in microbiology, cell biology, structural biology, biochemistry, neurobiology, bioinformatics and other related majors, with a bachelor's degree or with a master's degree. Solid knowledge of molecular biology, basic cell culture and molecular cloning experimental skills, experience in mouse experiments and immunohistochemistry techniques are preferred.
2）Assist in carrying out routine basic laboratory experiments and have the ability to undertake some administrative work in the laboratory. Good English proficiency and ability to read English materials and literature.
3）Priority is given to those who are interested in applying for postgraduate studies in this group in the future.
Basic salary is negotiable according to education and experience.
III. Research Assistant Professor/ Associate Professor/ Professor
1）Strong background in microbiology, cell biology, structural biology, biochemistry, neurobiology, bioinformatics and other related fields, with certain research strength and achievements in related fields.
2) Work with the group leader to develop research plans, assist in managing the laboratory, and supervise postdoctoral and master/PhD students.
3) Be able to apply for research funding independently.
4）Other requirements are not lower than the standard of postdoctoral positions.
The salary is negotiable according to the research seniority and specific scientific research performance. Annual basic salary is more than C$60,000 .
IV. Master/PhD enrollment
Interested students can contact the group leader directly and submit their CVs.
How to apply:
Candidates should send the application materials to the email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail subject naming format: "proposed arrival time + job + name + age + gender", such as "202109 + postdoctoral + Zhang San + 28 years old + male".
Application materials: CV, including study, work experience, publications, etc. (please indicate GPA during undergraduate and master's degree if you intend to apply for graduate school); applicants for postdoctoral and research assistant professor need to provide contact information of 2-3 references.