Professor Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering Research Group
Group Website https://eee.sustc.edu.cn/p/chenrui
Prof. CHEN Rui's main research areas including laser spectroscopy, investigation of the optical properties of materials, optical microcavity and micro/nano laser, etc. Prof. CHEN Rui has published more than 150 papers in world leading journals like Advanced Materials, Nano Letters, Small, Applied Physics Letters, and 17 of the papers were selected as the cover page. From SCI data base, his publications have been cited for over 3800 times with an h-index of 37. Currently, he is the PI and collaborator for more than 10 research programs.
ACADEMIC & PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
Doctor of Philosophy, Division of Physics and Applied Physics, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Doctor of Philosophy, Department of Physics, Xiamen University, P. R. China
Bachelor of Science, Department of Physics, Xiamen University, P. R. China
Professor, Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Southern University of Science and Technology, P. R. China
Associate Professor, Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Southern University of Science and Technology, P. R. China
Research Fellow, Division of Physics and Applied Physics, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Project Officer, Division of Physics and Applied Physics, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Interaction between light and matter, includes exciton, carrier dynamics, carrier relaxation, surface plasmons.
Flexible optical resonator such as random cavity, Fabry-Pérot, whispering gallery mode, plasmonic cavity.
Applications for light emitting diode, photodetector, and ultra-sensitive sensors.
SUSTech Excellent Teaching Award, 2019
SUSTech Research Award for Young Scholar, 2017
Institute of Physics Singapore (IPS) Outstanding Poster Award, 2014
Materials Research Society of Singapore (MRS-S), Gold Medal for Best PhD Thesis in Physics, 2012
Optical Property: Investigation of Carrier Dynamic; Excitonic Property; Energy Transfer
Optical Microcavity: Fabry-Pérot Cavity; Random Cavity; Whispering Gallery Mode
Photonic Device: Light Emitting Diode; Temperature Sensor; Refractive Index Sensor
Publications Read More
Lab members Read More
Prof. Rui CHEN’s group at Southern University of Science and Technology (SUSTech) has opening postdoc positions, and we are pleased to announce our open position for doing research related to:
- Nanoscale optics, plasmonics, and design / preparation of low-dimensional luminescent material
- Laser spectroscopy / semiconductor or material optics
- Micro-nano resonator / micro-nano laser
- Micro-nano processing (ebl/fib, etc.)
- Sensing technology
- Candidates are required to have good background in the Physics or Optics areas, or other related background, and those who with or be about to have a Ph.D. will be priority accepted.
- Love scientific research, have a high degree of initiative, diligence and teamwork spirit; have strong initiative and self-learning ability.
- Those who have published high-level articles in international level publications in relevant professional fields or have overseas research experience are preferred.
- Candidates are expected to be good at English writing and communication. Meanwhile, the candidates should be able to complete the research papers , and have strong initiative and self-learning ability.
Applicants should send your Detailed CV, including experiences in study, work, and research, major research findings (such as essays, certificate of achievement, or rewards), and other materials that can prove your ability to work via email to Prof. Rui CHEN (firstname.lastname@example.org ).
(mail title: graduation school + name + Postdoc)