Professor of Industry and Research School of System Design and Intelligent Manufacturing Research Group
Dr. Kai Chen graduated from the Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at the University of California, Berkeley, and worked at the Fairchild Research Center of National Semiconductor Corporation (now Texas Instruments) and IBM Semiconductor R&D Center, and has nearly 20 years of entrepreneurial experience in China and the U.S. He joined Southern University of Science and Technology in 2021 as Professor of Industry-Academia-Research in the Shenzhen-Hong Kong Institute of Microelectronics and Executive Director of the Future Communication Integrated Circuit Executive Director of Engineering Research Center, Ministry of Education.
1. cutting-edge device physics, device structure and design, device modeling and process integration, including quantum computing 2K-10mK ultra-low temperature CMOS device physics, modeling and RF/analog circuits, silicon optical integration, neuromorphic AI components, and three-dimensional (3D) device structure and design, etc..
2. Electronic components and wearable devices in the field of health applications, especially in the out-of-hospital environment, according to the "precision medicine" for each individual life cycle of all-round health data collection, analysis, cloud computing and intervention management.
3. Science and technology entrepreneurship and society in the field of micro and nano electronics, including regional/national science and technology policies and strategies.
1. microelectronics technology, industry, policy and gaming.
2. Introduction to silicon process devices for quantum computing.