Associate Professor Department of Physics, Institute for Quanfum Science and Engineering
Joint Associate Professor of SIQSE and Physics Department. Resesarch area include quantum optics and atomic, molecular and optical physics. Research projects include national science foundation in precision measurement, quantum control etc.
2003/09- 2007/06, Physics，Sun Yat-Sen University, Bachelor of Science (Physics)
2007/09-2012/01, Physics Department，Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- 2009/02 Master of Philosophy (Physics)
- 2012/06 Doctor of Philosophy (Physics): Thesis: Manipulate Classical and Nonclassical Light with Cold Atoms
- 2012.03---2019.05 East China Normal University, Physics Department, Research Professor
- 2019.05 to present, Southern University of Science and Technology, China, Physics Department and Shenzhen Institute for Quantum Science and Technology, Joint Associate Professor
2019.12 to present, Topical Editor, Journal of the Optical Society of America B (JOSA B)
- Winner of 2011 Young Scientist Award in Physical/Mathematical Science, awarded by Hong Kong Institution of Science;
- 2016 Critical Progress of Optics in China: Temporal Purity and Quantum Interference of Single Photons from Two independent Cold Atomic Ensembles.
Single photon generation and manipulation
Laser cooling and trapping
Spring：Quantum optics PHY5020
Fall：Modern Optics PHY307
Publications Read More
Lab members Read More
Requirement: Atomic, molecular and optical physics, or quantum optics background in Ph.D; Prefer experimental experience in laser cooling and related techniques.
Salary and Benefits:
- Annual incomes: 335,000 RMB; can be 415000 RMB by winning exceptional award with extra support from the University.
- Postdoc welfare includes medical insuarance, housing, maternity, etc.
- Encourage to apply for academic funding and individual awards in Shenzhen, Guangdong and national program.
For interested, please contact Jiefei Chen: firstname.lastname@example.org.