Zhilin Guo received her Ph.D degree in Environmental Science (minor in Hydrology) from the University of Arizona in 2015. After then, she worked as a Postdoctoral with Dr. Graham Fogg in University of California.
University of Arizona, Ph.D. in Environmental Science (minor in Hydrology) (August, 2015)
University of Florida, M.S. in Environmental Engineering Science (May, 2012)
Shanxi University (China), B.S. in Resources, Environment & Urban-rural Planning Management. (2010)
1.Postdoctoral Scholar with Dr. Graham Fogg, University of California, Davis, CA, February, 2016-Present
2.Senior Research Associate with Dr. Mark Brusseau, Contaminant Transport Group, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ, August 2015-Janurary 2016
3.Research Associate, Contaminant Transport Group, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ, July 2012- August 2015
4.Superfund Research Program Trainee, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ, August 2013- June 2014
5.Environmental Research Assistant, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, March 2011-May 2012
6.Water Reclamation Research Assistant, Water Reclamation Facility, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, September 2010-December 2011
7.Junior Engineer (Intern), Environmental Engineering Design & Research Institute, Shanxi Juli Environmental Protection Group Co., Ltd., China, May 2011-August 2011
8.Research Assistant, Shanxi University, China, February 2009-May 2010
Integrated groundwater modeling
• Zhilin Guo, Graham Fogg, Christopher Henri, “Upscaling of regional scale transport under transient conditions: evaluation of the Multi‐rate Mass Transfer model”. Water Resource Research. 2019.
• Zhilin Guo, Mark L. Brusseau, Graham E. Fogg, “Determining the long-term operational performance of pump and treat and the possibility of closure for a large TCE plume.” Journal of Hazardous Materials, 365 (5), 796-803, 2019.
• Zhilin Guo, Graham Fogg, Mark Brusseau, Eric Labolle, Jose Lopez, “Case study of modeling the contaminants transport in groundwater for a site with large heterogeneity at Tucson.” Accepted by Hydrogeology Journal. 2018
• Zhilin Guo, Mark L. Brusseau, “The Impact of Well-Field Configuration on Contaminant Mass Removal and Plume Persistence for Homogeneous versus Layered Systems”. Hydrological Processes, 31, 4748-4756. 2017.
• Zhilin Guo, Mark L. Brusseau, “Modified Well-Field Configurations for Improved Performance of Contaminant Elution and Tracer Tests”. Water, Air, & Soil Pollution，228-261.2017
• Zhilin Guo, Mark L. Brusseau, “The Impact of Well-Field Configuration and Permeability Heterogeneity on Contaminant Mass Removal and Plume Persistence”, Journal of Hazardous Materials, 333(5), 109-115.2017
• Mark L. Brusseau, Zhilin Guo, “The Integrated Contaminant Elution and Tracer Test Toolkit, ICET3, for Improved Characterization of Mass Transfer, Attenuation, and Mass Removal”. Journal of Contaminant Hydrology, 208, 17-26. 2018
• Mark Brusseau, Kenneth Carroll, Zhilin Guo, Jon Mainhagu, “Borehole Diffusive Flux Apparatus for Characterizing Diffusive Mass-transfer in Subsurface Systems". Environmental Earth Sciences. 77:648, 2018.
• Mark L. Brusseau, Zhilin Guo, “Assessing contaminant-removal conditions and plume persistence through analysis of data from long-term pump-and-treat operations”, Journal of Contaminant Hydrology, 164: 16-24,2014
• D.E. Matthieu, III, M.L. Brusseau, Z. Guo, M. Plaschke, K.C. Carroll1, F. Brinker, “Persistence of a Groundwater Contaminant Plume after Hydraulic Source Containment at a Chlorinated-Solvent Contaminated Site”, Groundwater Monitoring and Remediation. Groundwater Monitoring & Remediation 34, 4: 23-32,2014
• Y. Cui, B. Jing, Z.Guo, D. Guo, “Chemical Mutagenesis of Activated Sludge in SBR Treatment of Coking Wastewater”, Shanxi Technology, 02, 2013.
• Hong Zhang, Zhilin Guo, “Analysis of SWOT in Eco-compensation Mechanisms of Coal Exploitation in Shanxi Province”, Economic Issues, 363(11):53-56,2009
• Zhilin Guo, Graham E. Fogg, “Impact of water management strategies on groundwater quality at regional scale”. Under Revision.