You-Yun Zhou obtained his B.S. (Polymer Materials and Engineering ) from Hefei University of Technology in 2006 and Ph.D. (Organic Chemistry) from Shanghai Institute of Organic Chemistry under the supervision of Professor Yong Tang and Xiu-Li Sun in 2012. He then joined in Zhejiang NHU Special Materials Co., Ltd. as a project director. Later in 2013, he moved to Purdue University to start his postdoctoral research in Prof. Uyeda's group. From February 2019, he started to work at Southern University of Science and Technology as a Research associate Professor in Professor Tang’s group. In May 2021, he built his own research group to start his independent research career.
- You-Yun Zhou, Christopher Uyeda*. “Catalytic [4 + 1]-Cycloadditions of Vinylidenes and Dienes.” Science, 2019, 363,857-862 (Highlighted by C&EN, Science and Synfacts)
- Conner M. Farley, You-Yun Zhou, Nishit Banka, Christopher Uyeda*. “Catalytic Cyclooligomerization of Enones with Three Methylene Equivalents” Am. Chem. Soc., 2018, 140, 12710–12714. (ACS Editors’ Choice)
- Sudipta Pal,# You-Yun Zhou,# Christopher Uyeda*. “Catalytic Reductive Vinylidene Transfer Reactions.” Am. Chem. Soc., 2017, 139, 11686–11689. (#contributed equally)
- Michael J. Behlen, You-Yun Zhou, Talia J. Steiman, Sudipta Pal, Douglas R. Hartline, Matthias Zeller, Christopher Uyeda*. “Dinuclear oxidative addition reactions using an isostructural series of Ni2, Co2, and Fe2” Dalton Trans., 2017, 46, 5493-5497.
- You-Yun Zhou, Christopher Uyeda*. “Reductive Cyclopropanations Catalyzed by Dinuclear Nickel Complexes.” Chem. Int. Ed. 2016, 55, 3171-3175. (Hot Paper)
- You-Yun Zhou, Douglas R. Hartline, Talia J. Steiman, Phillip E. Fanwick, Christopher Uyeda*. “Dinuclear Nickel Complexes in Five States of Oxidation Using a Redox-Active Ligand.” Chem. 2014, 53, 11770−11777.
- You-Yun Zhou,#Jun Li,# Lin Ling, Sun, Sai-Hu Liao, Xiu-Li Sun,* Yu-Xue Li, * Li-Jia Wang, Yong Tang*. Highly Enantiselective [3+3] Cycloaddition of Aromatic Azomethine Imines with Cyclopropanes Directed by π-π Stacking Interactions Chem. Int. Ed. 2013, 52, 1452-1456. (#contributed equally, Highlighted by Synfacts 2013, 404.)
- You-Yun Zhou, Li-Jia Wang, Jun Li, Xiu-Li Sun,* Yong Tang*. “Side-Arm-Promoted Highly Enantioselective Ring-Opening Reactions and Kinetic Resolution of Donor-Acceptor Cyclopropanes with Amines.” Am. Chem. Soc., 2012, 134, 9066–9069. (Highlighted by Synfacts 2012, 882.)
- You-Yun Zhou, Xiu-Li Sun,* Ben-Hu Zhu, Jun-Cheng Zheng, Jiao-Long Zhou, Yong Tang*. “Modification of Pseudo-C3-Symmetric Trisoxazoline and Its Application to the Friedel– Crafts Alkylation of Indoles and Pyrrole with Alkylidene Malonates.” Synlett 2011, 7, 935–938.
- Jun Li, Sai-Hu Liao, Hu Xiong You-Yun Zhou, Xiu-Li Sun,* Yue Zhang, Xiao-Guang Zhou, Yong Tang*. “Highly Diastereo- and Enantioselective Cyclopropanation of 1,2-Disubstituted Alkenes. Angew.Chem. Int. Ed. 2012, 51, 8838-8841. (Highlighted by Synfacts 2012, 1208)
- Peng Cao, Chao Deng, You-Yun Zhou, Xiu-Li Sun, Jun-Cheng Zheng, Zuowei Xie, Yong Tang*. “Asymmetric Nazarov Reaction Catalyzed by Chiral Trisoxazoline/Cu(II).” Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2010, 49, 4463-4466.
- Chun-Li Cao, You-Yun Zhou, Jian Zhou, Xiu-Li Sun, Yong Tang,* Yu-Xue Li,* Guang-Yu Li, Jie Sun. “An Organocatalytic Asymmetric Tandem Reaction for the Construction of Bicyclic Skeletons.” Chem.Eur. J. 2009, 15, 11384 – 11389.
- Chun-Li Cao, You-Yun Zhou, Xiu-Li Sun, Yong Tang*. “Cu(OTf)2/TrisoxazolineCatalyzed Asymmetric Friedel–Crafts Reaction of Pyrroles with Alkylidene Malonates.” Tetrahedron 2008, 64, 10676-10680.