C.H. Sheng, Ph.D. Candidate of North Carolina University, U.S., used to be an officer in Central Weather Bureau, Taiwan, and lecturer in Universities. He awarded government scholarship for overseas study in 2014. Recently, invited by
the Department of Ocean Science & Engineering, SUStech to be a visiting scholar.
Physical Oceanography, Storm surge, Aviation Turbulence, Air-sea circulation and interaction, Global climate change, Artificial Neural Network
- PhD Candidate, Energy and Environmental Science (EES), North Carolina State University
- PhD student, Department of the Earth Science, National Taiwan Normal University
- Master Degree of Oceanography, National Taiwan Ocean University (Thesis: Applications of Artificial Neural Network and Regression Model on Storm Surge)
Training & working experience:
- Laboratory Accreditation Requirement ISO/IEC 17025 Training, Taiwan Accreditation Foundation CNLA/TAF
- Supervisor of Laboratory Accreditation Requirement ISO/IEC 17025 Training, Taiwan Accreditation Foundation CNLA/TAF
- Weather Research & Forecast (WRF) model and Hydrodynamic Sea, Lake and Overland Surge from Hurricane (SLOSH) model
- Teaching instructor in Physics Lab, NC A&T, U.S.
- Officer, Department of Marine Meteorology, Central Weather Bureau, Taiwan
- Officer, Department of Weather Forecast, Central Weather Bureau, Taiwan
- Statistics lecturer, Huafan University, Taiwan
- Science lecturer, Ching Kuo institute of management and health, Taiwan
Professional Certificate, Prize and Award:
- Visiting scholar in Southern University of Science and Technology SUSTech (2018)
- Assistantship, NC A&T (2016 Fall~2017Spring)
- Government scholarship for overseas study, Ministry of Education, Taiwan, (12/2012 Physical Oceanography)
- Certificate of College/University lecturer, Ministry of Education, Taiwan (11/2007)
- Scholarship of excellent graduate student, Li Ming Cultural Foundation (12/2004)
- Prize of pursue excellence innovation, Ministry of Transportation and Communication, Taiwan
- Certificate of National public servant, Examination Yuan, Taiwan
Publication & project participated:
- Coupled Atmospheric-Storm Surge Modeling of Recent Hurricanes Landfalling on the North Carolina Coast U.S. (prepared)
- Sheng, C.H., Tsai, C.H., 2007: Applications of Artificial Neural Network and Regression Model on Storm Surge, Meteorological Bulletin Vol.46, No.04,27-40.
- Sheng, C.H., Iu, L.H., Lin, Y.Z., 2006: Assessment laboratory calibration of water Level gauge with acoustic pipe and standard calibration system on CWB, Conference on Weather Analysis & Forecasting, pp.7-90-96
- Dynamics of Orographic Rain Associated with Landfalling Hurricanes over the Central and Southern Appalachian Mountains, funded by NATIONAL SCIENCE FOUNDATION (NSF) 2016.
- Improving Environmental Impact Assessment on 2016 Hurricane Matthew by a Joint Atmospheric-Storm Surge Modeling Approach, funded by Water Resources Research Institute of the UNC system and NC Sea Grant (WRRI & NCSG) 2017