Ph.D. Geology Texas A&M University 2014
M.S. Microbiology Sun Yat-sen University 2009
B.S. Biotechnology Minzu University of China 2006
Associate professor，Southern University of Science and Technology, Department of Ocean Science and Engineering. 2020 – Present
Assistant Professor, Southern University of Science and Technology, Department of Ocean Science and Engineering. 2019 – 2020
Postdoctoral Scholar, Stanford University, Department of Earth System Science, 2015 – 2019
Honors and Awards
NASA Astrobiology Program Early Career Collaboration Award, 2016
Berg-Hughes Fellowship, 2013-2014
TAMU Geology & Geophysics Department Fellowship, 2012-2013
TAMU Regents’ Graduate Fellowship, 2009-2011
Distinguished Graduate Student Award, Sun Yat-sen University, 2008
Geology, Environmental Microbiology，Chemical Geology, Astrobiology
- Zeng Z, Liu X, Farley K, Wei J, Metcalf W, Summons R, Welander P. GDGT cyclization proteins identify the dominant archaeal sources of tetraether lipids in the ocean. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS), 2019, (under review)
- Zeng Z, Liu X, Wei J, Summons R, Welander P. Calditol-linked membrane lipids are required for acid tolerance in Sulfolobus Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS), 2018, 115, p12932-12937.
- Zeng Z, Pike M, Tice M, Kelly C, Marcantonio F, Xu G, Maulana I. Iron fertilization of primary productivity by volcanic ash in the late Cretaceous (Cenomanian) Western Interior Seaway. Geology, 2018, 10, p859-862.
- Zeng Z, Tice M. Electron transfer strategies regulate carbonate mineral and micropore formation. Astrobiology, 2018, 18, p28-36.
- Zeng Z, Tice M. Promotion and nucleation of carbonate precipitation during microbial iron reduction. Geobiology, 2014, 12, p362-371.
- Zeng Z, Qian L, Cao L, Tan H, Huang Y, Xue X, Shen Y, Zhou S. Virtual screening for novel quorum sensing inhibitors to eradicate biofilm formation of Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology, 2008, 79, p119-126.
Marine microbiology，Archaea molecular biology