Ph.D., Electrical and Electronic Engineering, The University of Hong Kong (HKU), Hong Kong, 2017
M.S., Mechanical Engineering, Carnegie Mellon University (CMU), USA, 2012
B.S., Control Science and Engineering, Huazhong University of Science and Technology (HUST), China, 2010
Honors and Awards
Post-Doctor Research Fellowship, Nagoya University, Japan, 2018-2019
Postgraduate Scholarship, University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, 2013–2017
Research Grant, ECE Department, Carnegie Mellon University, USA, 2012
Best Project Award, Integrated Embedded System Competition, ECE Department, Carnegie Mellon University, USA, 2011
Academic Achievement Award, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China, 2007–2009
Distinguished Individual in Control Engineering, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China, 2009
Technology Innovation Award, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China, 2007–2008
Second Prize, "Actions" Microcontroller Design Competition, Wuhan, China, 2008
Institute of Materials and Systems for Sustainability, Nagoya University, Japan
Post-Doctor Researcher, 2018/3 – 2019/3
Research on magnetic device, micro fabrication, and flexible electronics.
Micro and Nano Robotics Lab, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Southern University of Science and Technology, China
Visiting Scholar, 2018/1 – 2018/3
Research on flexible smart materials and multi-function micro robots.
Magnetism and Nano-Bio Technology Center, Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
PhD Candidate, 2013/9 – 2017/11
Research on nanomaterial, nanofabrication, spintronic devices, and flexible electronics.
System Level Design Group, Center for Silicon System Implementation, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Carnegie Mellon University, USA
Research Assistant and Research Fellow, 2012/1 – 2012/11
Research on multiprocessor system-on-chip and network-on-chip.
NanoRobotics Lab, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Carnegie Mellon University, USA
Research Assistant, 2010/9 – 2011/12
Research on magnetically actuated micro-objects.
Intelligent Control and Robotics Lab, Department of Control Engineering, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China
Research Student, 2008/12 – 2010.6
Research on automatic micro-assembly system for manufacturing micro mechanical components.
- Ping Hoi Chan, Xu Li, Chengpeng Jiang, Philip W. T. Pong. “Thermally stable GMR spin valves with Conetic-alloy-based free layer and synthetic antiferromagnetic pinned layer.” (Submitted)
- Chengpeng Jiang, Ping Hoi Chan, Chi Wah Leung, Philip W. T. Pong. “CoFe2O4 nanoparticle-integrated spin-valve thin films prepared by interfacial self-assemb” Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 2017, 121 (40), pp 22508–22516.
- Chengpeng Jiang, Chi Wah Leung, Philip W. T. Pong. “Self-assembled thin films of Fe3O4-Ag composite nanoparticles for spintronic applications.” Applied Surface Science, 2017, 419, pp 692–
- Chengpeng Jiang, Sheung Mei Ng, Chi Wah Leung, Philip W. T. Pong. “Magnetically assembled iron oxide nanoparticle coatings and their integration with pseudo-spin-valve thin films.” Journal of Materials Chemistry C, 2017, 5 (2), pp 252– (Featured on the front cover)
- Yun Teng, Chengpeng Jiang, Antonio Ruotolo, Philip W. T. Pong. “Amine-functionalized Fe2O3-SiO2 core-shell nanoparticles with tunable sizes.” IEEE Transactions on Nanotechnology, 2018, 17 (1), pp 69–77.
- Chengpeng Jiang, Chi Wah Leung, Philip W. T. Pong. “Magnetic-field-assisted assembly of anisotropic superstructures by iron oxide nanoparticles and their enhanced magnetis” Nanoscale Research Letters, 2016, 11, p 189.
- Li Li, Ruotolo, Chi Wah Leung, Chengpeng Jiang, Philip W. T. Pong. “Characterization and bio-binding ability study on size-controllable highly monodisperse magnetic nanoparticles.” Microelectronic Engineering, 2015, 144, pp 61–67.
- Chengpeng Jiang, Li Li, Philip W. T. Pong. “Controlled convective self-assembly of silver nanoparticles in volatile organic solvent and its application in electronics.” RSC Advances, 2015, 5 (120), pp 98747–
- Chengpeng Jiang. “Study on the Design and Implementation of Intelligent Health Monitor – Based on ADI BF533 DSP processor.” Chinese Journal of Medical Device, 2010, 23 (1), pp 41–45. (In Chinese)
- Chengpeng Jiang, Jianming Lu. “Pulse Wave Measuring Based on LabVIEW.” Chinese Journal of Medical Device, 2009, 22 (10), pp 13–17. (In Chinese)
- Poster, “Magnetic properties of iron-oxide-nanoparticle superstructures assembled under in-plane magnetic field.” Joint MMM-Intermag Conference, San Diego, USA, 2016 Jan.
- Poster, “Morphology-controlled growth of magnetic iron oxide components on gold nanoparticles as bi-functional agents.” IEEE International Magnetic Conference, Beijing, China, 2015 May.
- Poster, “Magnetotransport in Fe3O4-Ag composite nanoparticles.” The 59th Annual Conference on Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, Honolulu, USA, 2014 Oct.
- Poster, “Synthesis and inkjet printing of mono-disperse silver nanoparticle for printed electronics.” International Conference on Micro and Nano Engineering, Lausanne, Switzerland, 2014 Sep.
- Contributed Talk, “Composite Nanoparticles with GMR Effect”, IEEE Magnetics Society Symposium on Magnetism and Magnetic Technologies, University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, 2014 Aug.
• Magnetic nanostructures (nanoparticles, thin films, composite nanomaterials, self-assembled superlattice)
• Nano fabrication (chemical synthesis, physical sputtering, controlled self-assembly)
• Nano assembly (field-guided assembly, interfacial assembly, evaporative assembly, templated assembly)
• Micro assembly (micro manipulation, magnetic actuation, reconfigurable assembly, micro robotics, intelligent system)
• Magnetic materials, flexible materials, wearable electronics (applications in devices, sensors, system integration)
• Spintronics, nano-electronics, magneto-electronics (exchange bias effect, magnetoresistive effect, magnetic anisotropy)