Peer reviewed journal papers (*corresponding, #PhD supervisor of First author)
1. X Yang, P Su, JP Wu, W Jiang, F Chen, Nondestructive and Objective Assessment of the Vestibular Function in Rodent Models: A Review, J. Neuroplasticity, revised & submitted, Oct 2019.
2. R Boynich, T Becker, F Chen, TB Kirk, G Allison, JP Wu*#, Application of Confocal, SHG and Atomic Force Microscopy for Characterising the Structure of the Most Superficial Layer of Articular Cartilage, Journal of Microscopy, 275 (3), Sep 2019, 159-171..
3. C Guo, X Yang, JP Wu, Y He, X Guo, Z Shen, Z Sun, T Guan, F Chen, An image-guided vibrometry system integrated with spectral and time domain optical coherence tomography, Applied Optics, 58(7):1606，2019.
4. A Hayes, K Easton, P Teja Devanaboyina, JP Wu#, TB Kirk and D Lloyd, A review of methods to measure tendon dimensions, Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery and Research, https://doi.org/10.1186/s13018-018-1056-y, 14:18, Jan 2019
5. C Guo, X Yang, Z Shen, JP Wu, S Zhong, Y He, T Guan and F Chen, A microfluidic biosensor based on a phase-sensitive low-coherence spectral-domain interferometer, Sensors, doi: 10.3390/s18113757, Nov, 18(11): 3757, 2018.
6. P Sun, Y Zhang, F Zhao, JP Wu, SH Pun, C Peng, M Du, MI Vai, D Liu and F Chen, An assay for systematically quantifying the vestibulo-ocular reflex to assess vestibular function in zebrafish larvae, Frontiers in Cellular Neuroscience, August 2018, https://doi.org/10.3389/fncel.2018.00257.
7. Y Wang, X Ji, P Pang, Y Shi, J Dai, J Xu, JP Wu, TB Kirk and W Xue, Synthesis of Janus Au nanorods/polydivinylbenzene hybrid nanoparticles for chemo-photothermal therapy, J. Mater. Chem. B, 6, 2018, 2481-2488.
8. Y Wang, Y Miao, J Zhang, JP Wu, TB Kirk, J Xu, D Ma, W Xue, Three-dimensional printing of shape memory hydrogels with internal structure for drug delivery, J. Materials Science and Engineering C, 266, 2018, 44-51.
9. JP Wu*, BJ Swift, T Becker, A Squelch, YC Zheng, J Xu, MH Zheng, A Wang, W Xue, XL Zhao, D Lloyd and TB Kirk, High resolution studying the 3D collagen fibrillar matrix in Achilles tendons without tissues labelling and dehydrating, J. Microscopy, 266 (3), 2017, 273-287. (one image has been chosen as the cover page of the issue).
10. Z Xu, Y Zhang, Q Hu, Q Tang, J Xu, JP Wu, T B Kirk, D Ma, W Xue, Biocompatible hyperbranched polyglycerol modified β-cyclodextrin derivatives for docetaxel delivery, Materials Science and Engineering C, 71, 2017, 965-972.
11. Q Lin, Y Yang, Q Hu, Z Guo, T Liu, J Xu, J Wu, T B Kirk, D Ma, W Xu E, Injectable supramolecular hydrogel formed from α-cyclodextrin and PEGylated arginine-functionalized poly(L-lysine) dendron for sustained MMP-9 shRNA plasmid delivery, Acta Biomaterialia, 49, 2017, 456-471.
12. Y Gu, Y Guo, C Wang, J Xu, J Wu, TB Kirk, D Ma and W Xue, A Polyamidoamne dendrimer functionalized graphene oxide for DOX and MMP-9 shRNA plasmid co-delivery, Materials Science and Engineering C, 70 (Pt 1), 2017, 572-585.
13. KY Wang, JP Wu#, R Days, TB Kirk and XZ Hu, Characterizing depth dependent refractive index of articular cartilage subjected to mechanical wear or enzymic degeneration, J. Biomedical Optics, 21 (9), 2016, 095002, doi:10.1117/1.JBO.21.9.095002.
14. A Hayes, K Easton, PT Devanaboyina, JP Wu#, TB Kirk and D Lloyd, Structured white light scanning of rabbit Achilles tendon, J. Biomechanics, 49 (15), 2016, 3753-3758.
15. X Zhou, Q Zheng, C Wang, J Xu, JP Wu, TB Kirk, D Ma, W Xue. Star-shaped amphiphilic hyerbranched polyclycerol-conjugated with dendritic poly (L-lysine) for the co-delivery of decetaxel and MMP-9 siRNA in cancer therapy. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 8 (20), 2016, 12609-12619.
16. X Pan, JP Wu*#, GT Allison, J Rubenson, MH Zheng, D Lloyd, B Gardiner, A Wang and TB Kirk, The three dimensional microstructural network of elastin, collagen and cells in Achilles tendons. J. Orthopaedic Research, 35 (6), 2017, 1203-1214. (corresponding)
17. Q Hu, Y Zhang, C Wang, J Xu, JP Wu, Z Liu and W Xue, Hemocompatibility evaluation in vitro of methoxy ployethyleneglyco-polycaprolactone copolymer solutions, J. Biomedical Materials Research (Part A), 104 (3), 2016, 802-812.
18. JP Wu*, M Walton, A Wang, P Anderson, T Wang, TB Kirk and MH Zheng, The development of confocal arthroscopy as optical histology for rotator cuff tendinopathy, J. Microscopy, 259 (3), 2015, 1-7. (corresponding)
19. XJ Duan, JP Wu#, B Swift and TB Kirk, Texture analysis of the 3D collagen network and automatic classification of the physiology of articular cartilage, J. Computer Methods in Biomechanics and Biomechanical Engineering, 18(9), 2015, 931-943.
20. X Yang, D Teguh, JP Wu, B He, TB Kirk, S Qin, S Li, H Chen, W Xue, B Ng, S M Chim, J Tickner & J Xu, Protein kinase C delta null mice exhibit structural alterations in articular surface, intra-articular and subchondral compartments, Arthritis Research & Therapy, 17(1), 2015, 1-8.
21. Bo He, JP Wu#, Thomas B Kirk, John A Carrino, Chuan Xiang and Jiake Xu, High resolution measurements of the multilayer ultrastructure of articular cartilage and their translational potential, Arthritis Research & Therapy, 2014, 16: 205.
22. KY Wang, JP Wu# and TB Kirk, Depth dependent refractive index of normal and early degenerated articular cartilage, J. Biomedical Optics, 2013, 18 (10): 105003.
23. B He, JP Wu#, J Xu; R E Day and T B Kirk, Microstructural and compositional features of the fibrous and hyaline cartilage on the medical tibial plateau imply a unique role for the hopping locomotion of kangaroos, PLOS One, 2013.
24. XJ Duan, JP Wu# and TB. Kirk, Rotated Hough Filtering for Automatically Distinguishing the Collagen Bundles in the Most Superficial Layer of Articular Cartilage, The IEEE J. Biomedical and Health Informatics, 17 (5): 922-927, 2013.
25. B He, JP Wu#, HH Chen, TB. Kirk and J Xu, Elastin fibers display a versatile microfibril network in articular cartilage depending on the mechanical microenvironments. J. Orthopaedic Research, 2013, 1-9.
26. B He, JP Wu#, SM Chim, J Xu and TB Kirk, Microstructural analysis of collagen and elastin fibres in the kangaroo articular cartilage reveals a structural divergence depending on its local mechanical environment. Osteoarthritis and Cartilage. 2013, 21 (1): 237-245.
27. JP Wu*, KY Wang, XJ Duan and TB Kirk, Minimally invasive techniques for diagnosis of early musculoskeletal disorders, Clinical and Experimental Pharmacology and Physiology (Supplement), 2013.
28. K Wang, JP Wu#, R Days and TB Kirk, Utilizing confocal microscopy to measure refractive index of articular cartilage. J. Microscopy. 2012, 248 (3): 281-291.
29. D Smolinski, CW Jones, JP Wu, K Miller, TB Kirk, MH Zheng. Confocal arthroscopic assessment of osteoarthritis in situ. J. Arthroscopy and Related Surgery. 2008, 24: 423-429.
30. JP Wu*, TB Kirk. Study of altered mechanical properties of articular cartilage in relation to the collagen network. J. Advanced Materials Research. 2008, 41-42: 9-14.
31. JP Wu*, TB Kirk and MH Zheng, Study of the collagen structure in the superficial zone and physiological state of articular cartilage using a 3D confocal imaging technique. J. Orthopaedic Surgery and Research. 2008, 3: 29-.
32. JP Wu*, TB Kirk, 3D Study of microstructure of articular cartilage for development of real time histology for articular cartilage. J. Tissue Engineering (supplement). 2008 (ISSN 1076-3279, Mary Ann Liebert, Inc. publishers, New York).
33. JP Wu*, TB Kirk, N Milne and P Delaney, Study of morphological response of chondrocytes to uniaxial compression of articular cartilage, Journal Biomedical Engineering, 2008, 216: 121~125.
34. JP Wu*, TB Kirk, Z Peng, MH Zheng and K Miller, Quantitative characterizing the collagen orientation in the superficial zone for studying early degenerative changes in articular cartilage. J. Musculoskeletal Research. 2006, Volume 10: 1-12.
35. JP Wu*, Kirk TB, Z Peng, MH Zheng and K Miller, Utilization of two-dimensional Fast Fourier Transform and power spectral analysis for assessment of early degeneration of articular cartilage. J. Musculoskeletal Research. 2005, Volume 9: 1-13.
36. CW Jones, D Smolinski, JP Wu, C Willers, K Miller, TB Kirk and MH Zheng, Quantification of chondrocyte morphology by confocal arthroscopy. J. Musculoskeletal Research. 2004; Volume 4: 145-154.
37. CW Jones, A Keogh, D Smolinski, JP Wu, TB Kirk and MH Zheng, Histological assessment of the chondral and connective tissues of the knee by a confocal arthroscope. J. Musculoskeletal Research. 2004; Volume 8: 75-86.
38. JP Wu*, TB Kirk and MH Zheng, Assessment of three-dimensional architecture of collagen fibres in the superficial zone of bovine articular cartilage. J. Musculoskeletal Research. 2004; Volume 8: 169-179.
39. D Smolinski, JP Wu, CW Jones, MH Zheng, LJ O’Hara, K Miller and TB Kirk. The confocal arthroscope as cartilage optical biopsy tool. Osteoarthritis & Cartilage (supplement A). 2003; Volume (11); p111.
Peer reviewed full conference papers
1. Rebecca Boynich, Jian-Ping Wu*# and TB Kirk, The Fibrillar Network on the Surface of Articular Cartilage, Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery Proceeding, Sep 2018, Page 1, Galway, Ireland.
2. JP Wu*, Z Zhou, XL Zhao, W Xue, J Xu and TB Kirk, Development of confocal arthroscopy for assessing chondral and connective tissues, J. Bone & Joint Proceeding, 2017, Page 1.
3. X Pang, JP Wu*#, TB Kirk, J Xu and G Allison, Application of confocal and second Harmonic generation microscopy to study the 3D network of elastic Fibres, collagen fibrils and cells in Achilles tendons, J. Bone & Joint Proceeding, 2017, Page 1.
4. J Duan, JP Wu# and TB Kirk. Identifying collagen bundles in the most superficial layer of normal articular cartilage. Proceeding of IEEE Conference on Computational Intelligence and Software Engineering, Wuhan, China, 2009; p1-4.
5. JP Wu*, TB Kirk. Study of the architect and biomechanics of collagen fibre in articular cartilage. Conference Proceeding of the XIX International Society of Biomechanics, Dunedin, New Zealand, 2003; p424 – 425.
6. JP Wu*, TB Kirk and N Milne. A study of the shape change of sheep chondrocytes with application of compression to cartilage. Proceeding of the 7th Australian and New Zealand Intelligent Information Systems Conference, Perth, Australia, 2001; 95-99.
7. TB Kirk, E Kumar, JP Wu and N Milne. The confocal examination of cartilage under load, Proceeding of the Conference of 2nd Australasian Biomechanics, Auckland, 1998; 86-87.
Peer reviewed conference abstracts 会议报告文摘
1. JP Wu, F Chen, T Becker and TB Kirk, A Study on the Hierarchical Collagen Meshwork of Achilles Tendons, 17th International Symposium on Ligaments & Tendons, April 2018, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China.
2. JP Wu, I Prasadam, F Chen, Y Xiao and TB Kirk, Confocal Arthroscopy for Detecting Early Osteoarthritis, Proceeding of Australian & New Zealand Orthopaedic Research Society, Oct 2018, Perth, Australia.
3. JP Wu, I Prasadam, F Chen, Y Xiao and TB Kirk, Confocal Endomicroscopy for Studying the Internal Microstructure of Articular Cartilage and Joint Diseases without Tissue Biopsy, 9 月2018，2018年中国生物医学工程联合学术年会，深圳，中国。
4. JP Wu, A minimally Invasive Imaging Technology for Diagnosis of Early Osteoarthritis, 南方科技大学交叉学院2018年会，南方科技大学.
5. JP Wu, B He, KY Wang, TB Kirk, D Lloyd, D Smith, J Xu, B Gardiner, J Ruberson and MH Zheng, A multiphoton microscopic study of the collagen fibrillar homeostasis of tenocytes, 23rd Annual Conference of the Australian Society for Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering, Lorne, VIC, Australia, 2014.
6. JP Wu and TB Kirk, Development of confocal arthroscopic histology for orthopaedics, Australian & New Zealand Orthopaedic Research Society 18th Annual Meeting, Perth, Australia, 2012.
7. Bo He, JP Wu, TB Kirk and J Xu, Elastin fibres display a versatile microfibril network in articular cartilage depending on the mechanical microenvironments. Proc of Australian & New Zealand Orthopaedic Research Society 18th Annual Meeting, Perth, Australia, 2012.
8. JP Wu, S Teo and Tb Kirk, the mechanical role of the surface of articular cartilage. Proc of XXIII Congress of International Society of Biomechanics, Brussels, Belgium, 2011.
9. KY Wang, JP Wu and TB Kirk, The refractive index of articular cartilage – preliminary Study. Australian & New Zealand Orthopaedic Research Society 17th Annual Meeting. Brisbane, Australia, 2011. (Short listed for the best PhD presentation award).
10. XJ Duan, JP Wu and TB Kirk, Applying a 3D texture analysis technique to study the collagen matrix in articular cartilage and score Osteoarthritis, Proc of Focus on Microscopy. Konstanz, Germany, 2011.
11. KY Wang, JP Wu and TB Kirk, Determining the refractive index of articular cartilage using confocal microscopy, Proc of Focus on Microscopy. Konstanz, Germany, 2011.
12. B He, JP Wu and TB Kirk, The collagen structure of kangaroo articular cartilage imaged by SHG microscopy, Proc of Focus on Microscopy. Konstanz, Germany, 2011.
13. E Gardner, N Vonder-Helde, R Fisher, G Brooker, JP Wu and P Yates, The effects of hydrogen peroxide on tendon allograft, Australasian Biotheraputics Forum, Melbourne, 2011.
14. JP Wu, B He, T Wang, TB Kirk, B Gardiner, D Smith, LH Zhang, MH Zheng and J Xu, Studying the role of lamina splendens in the integrity of articular cartilage. Proc of the 5th Australian Healthy and Medical Research Congress, Melbourne, Australia, 2010.
15. Tao Wang, JP Wu, TB Kirk and MH Zheng, Development of a technique for accurately shaping collagen membrane for MACI treatment. Australian & New Zealand Orthopaedic Research Society 15th Annual Meeting, Adelaide, Australia. 2009; 54.
16. Bo He, JP Wu and TB Kirk. Current studies on the efforts of mechanical stimuli on articular cartilage. Australian & New Zealand Orthopaedic Research Society 15th Annual Meeting. Adelaide, Australia. 2009; 53.
17. JP Wu, ZQ Zhou, D Smolinski, TB Kirk, S Thomas, P Delaney. Studying the internal microstructure of tissues in synovial joints using confocal arthroscopy, Proc of the Australian health and Medical Research Congress, Brisbane, Australia. 2008; 544.
18. JP Wu, TB Kirk. Investigating clinical viable staining techniques for study microstructure of articular cartilage in vivo. Proc Focus on Microscopy, Valencia, Spain. 2007; 198.
19. JP Wu, TB Kirk, MH Zheng. A 3D study on the collagen structure of articular cartilage with different physiological states. Proc Focus on Microscopy, Perth, Australia, 2006; 127.
20. JP Wu, TB Kirk, D Smolinski1, P Delaney. Confocal microscopy provides a 3D histology for articular cartilage, Australian & New Zealand Orthopaedic Research Society 12th Annual Scientific Meeting, Sydney, Australia, 2006; 24.
21. CW Jones, D Smolinski, JP Wu, MH Zheng and TB Kirk, Development of a laser scanning confocal arthroscope for clinical applications, Proceedings of the XIXth Conference of the International Society of Biomechanics, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand, 2003.
22. CW Jones, D Smolinski, JP Wu, MH Zheng and TB Kirk, Clinical and research applications of a laser scanning confocal arthroscope, Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference of Biomechanics of the Lower Limb in Health, Disease and Rehabilitation. University of Salford, UK, 2003.
23. JP Wu, TB Kirk, PM Delaney, N Milne, D Smolinski and K Millar. Application of fibre laser scanning confocal microscopy to study of biomechanics and microstructure of articular cartilage. The World Congress on Biomechanics, Canada, 2002.
24. TB Kirk, MH Zheng, PM Delaney, D Smolinski, JP Wu, TD Rosa, DJ Wood, K Miller. The Development of a Confocal Arthroscope, Australian & New Zealand Orthopaedic Research Society 7th Annual Scientific Meeting, Sydney, Australia, 2001; 27.
25. JP Wu, TB Kirk. Development of techniques for studying the relationship between biomechanical behaviour and internal matrix of articular cartilage, Australian & New Zealand Orthopaedic Research Society 7th Annual Scientific Meeting, Sydney, Australia, 2001; 52.
26. D Smolinski, PM Delaney, TB Kirk, JP Wu, MH Zheng, TD Rosa. Assessment and development of a confocal arthroscope. Third Asia-Pacific Symposium on Confocal Micrscopy and Related Technologies, Melbourne, Australia.2001: 70.
27. JP Wu, TB Kirk and N Milne. Comparison of the influence of mechanical compression of cow and sheep articular Cartilage on the morphology of chondrocytes. Proc Conf 12th Conference of the European Society of Biomechanics, Dublin, 2000; 209.
28. JP Wu, TB Kirk and N Milne. Three-dimensional study of the alteration of the chondrocytes during a range of mechanical forces applied to lamb knee articular cartilage. Proc Conf 12th international conference on 3D image processing in microscopy and 11th international conference on confocal microscopy, Heidelberg, Germany, 1999; 122.
1. JP Wu & TB Kirk: Investigation of staining for confocal microscopy and confocal arthroscopy. 2006. (This report has been intensively used as a guild for the projects of the PhD, honours and third year students in the 3D Imaging and Bioengineering Lab of UWA and Curtin).
1. The 4th Australia-China Biomedical Research Conference (ACBRC) and 2013 International Symposium on Ageing Biology and Diseases held in Hangzhou China, 2013.
2. Trauma and Orthopaedic Research Unit, Canberra Hospital, Australia, 2013.
3. The Key Laboratory of Space Biology in the Northwest Polytechnology University in China, 2012.
4. Department of Endocrinology and Diabetes of Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital, Australia, 2012.
5. The 4th Japan-Australia-China Forum on Healthy Science and Bioengineering held in Kobe University, Japan, 2011.
6. The Department of Bioengineering at University of California at San Diego, USA, 2010.
7. Centre for Orthopaedic and Molecular Research, the School of Surgery, UWA, Australia, 2009.
8. Optiscan Pty Ltd, Melbourne, Australia, 2007.
9. Biochemistry and Biomaterial Group, the School of Chemical Engineering, Curtin University, Perth, Australia, 2007.
Copyright © 2018 All Rights Reserved.