The recruitment of Dr. Xu’s research group at SUSTech
Dr. Xu is an assistant professor (PI) at Department of Mechanical and Energy Engineering of Southern University of Science and Technology (SUSTech), and a senior member of Chinese Mechanical Engineering Society (CMES)/Chinese Society for Optical Engineering (CSOE). Dr. Xu got his PhD degree at Tohoku University in Japan under the supervision of Prof. Kuriyagawa Tsunemoto in 2015. After graduation, he continued to work as a JSPS research fellow and an assistant professor in the Nano-Precision Mechanical Fabrication Lab. of Tohoku University successively. He had successfully obtained JSPS (Japan Society for the Promotion of Science) Grants-in-Aid for Scientific Research (KAKENHI) twice in the area of ultraprecision mechanical micro-/nanofabrication technologies in Japan. In early 2017, Dr. Xu returned to China and joined in Department of Mechanical and Energy Engineering of Sustech. From then on, Dr. Xu began to establish an ultrafast laser micro-/nanofabrication Lab., focusing on developing new ultrafast laser micro-/nanofabrication technologies, the principles of interactions between ultrafast laser and materials, and the applications of laser-structured surfaces. Until now, Dr. Xu has published more than 30 peer-reviewed journal papers in such as Nature Communications, Laser & Photonics Reviews, Nano Letters, Advanced Optical Materials, ACS Applied Materials & Interface, International Journal of Machine Tools and Manufacture, International Journal of Extreme Manufacturing, International Journal of Mechanical Sciences.
Postdoctoral fellow position
1) Femtosecond laser micro-/nanofabrication
2) High-performance lithium metal batteries
1) students who will get a doctoral degree or doctors who graduated within 1 years
2) no more than 35 years old
3) have published two papers or more in mainstream SCI journals as the first author in the field
4) able to carry out scientific research on relevant research directions of our research group
5) have the ability to identify problems, solve problems and communicate and coordinate
1) develop the research plan together with the leader of the research group, carry out the project research independently and publish high-level academic papers;
2) assist the research group in applying for funds, and actively apply for post-doctoral science foundation, national natural science foundation of China youth program and other national, provincial and municipal projects with the support of the research group as the principal;
3) assist the leader of the research group, guide doctoral students, graduate students and undergraduates;
4) assisted the construction and management of the research group.
Salary during employment
Postdoctoral appointment period is two years
1) postdoctoral annual salary of 335,000 yuan, including Guangdong subsidies of 150,000 RMB (before tax) and Shenzhen living subsidies of 60,000 RMB (after tax), and according to the relevant regulations of Shenzhen to participate in social insurance and housing provident fund. Postdoctoral welfare funds shall be paid according to the standards of faculty and staff in posts of the university;
2) excellent candidates can apply for excellent postdoctoral position with an annual salary of RMB 415,000. (Including subsidies from Guangdong and Shenzhen).
1) the research group provides excellent working environment and opportunities for cooperation and exchange at home and abroad. During the two years of postdoctoral study, the research group enjoys a total of 25,000 RMB academic exchange funds;
2) for postdoctoral students who meet the relevant policy requirements of the latest "rent and living subsidy for newly introduced talents in Shenzhen" and settle down in Shenzhen, they can help apply for a one-time rent and living subsidy of 30,000 RMB (tax-free, independent online application);
3) according to the specific scientific research performance of the postdoctoral, the research group can enjoy the corresponding scientific research performance award;
4) postdoctoral staff can choose to settle down in Shenzhen of their own will when they enter the station, and their spouses and minor children can move in with them.
5) the research group can assist qualified postdocs to apply for "Guangdong overseas young postdoctoral program". In the world's top 200 universities (excluding, ranking above a year of The Times, USNEWS, QS world university rankings and Shanghai Jiao Tong university), PhD, postdoctoral units engaged in postdoctoral research station to be established in the southern province of Guangdong, and promised to stand more than 2 years of postdoctoral, after the application is successful provincial finance gives each postdoctoral researcher to fund 600000 RMB allowance; For postdoctoral students who have been funded by this project and signed work agreements or labor contracts with employers in Guangdong province after leaving the station, and promised to work in Guangdong for more than 3 years continuously, the provincial finance department will give each person a housing subsidy of 400,000 RMB.
1) the research group shall provide sufficient scientific research support, and assist the postdoctoral fellow to apply for scientific research projects of China postdoctoral science foundation, national natural science foundation, Guangdong province and Shenzhen city as the person in charge;
2) excellent researchers can study abroad for exchange.
1) for excellent post-doctoral students, I will actively recommend and assist them to apply for the position of research assistant professor at Southern University of Science and Technology;
2) post-doctoral students who choose to stay in Shenzhen for scientific research work and sign a labor contract with enterprises and institutions in this municipality for more than 3 years (employment) may apply for Shenzhen post-doctoral students to stay in Shenzhen for scientific research support. The Shenzhen municipal government grants 100,000 RMB per person per year for scientific research for a total of 3 years.
3) according to the conditions that oneself accord with, in the station or leave the station to stay deep postdoctoral can apply for "Shenzhen peacock plan class C talent" or "Shenzhen reserve level talent", enjoy 5 years of 1.6 million bonus allowance (duty-free) (with Shenzhen latest relevant talent declaration requirements).
Our lab can provide high-level experimental equipment, including femtosecond laser, high-precision three-axis motion platform, control system, spatial light modulator, laser beam profiler, etc., and testing equipment such as SEM, AFM, laser confocal microscope, white light interferometer, contact angle measuring instrument, the film thickness gauge, elliptic partial apparatus, Fourier infrared spectrometer, ultraviolet/visible/near infrared spectrophotometer, friction and wear testing machine, etc.
Moreover, other testing equipment such as XRD, FIB, TEM, FE-SEM, EBL etc. can be used after making an appointment to Core Research Facilities (CRF) in our university (more details can found in CRF webpage: http://mcpc.sustech.edu.cn/en)
After preliminary confirmation, we will invite candidates to Shenzhen for interview. More details in our homepage: http://faculty.sustc.edu.cn/?tagid=xusl
Welcome to join us!
Copyright © 2018 All Rights Reserved.