Associate Professor Department of Biomedical Engineering
2003-2007 B.S. in Optical Information Science and Technology, Huazhong University of Science and Technology
2008-2010 M.S. in Biomedical Engineering, University of Florida
2010-2012 Ph.D. in Biomedical Engineering, University of Florida
2018-now Associate Professor of Biomedical Engineering. Southern University of Science and Technology
2014-2018 Professor of Biomedical Engineering, University of Electronic Science and Technology of China
2013-2014 Postdoctoral Associate, University of Florida
Development of novel optical imaging techniques for fundamental and clinical applications including photoacoustic microscopy, photoacoustic microscopy, optical coherence tomography, diffuse optical tomography and fluorescence molecular tomography.
1.Qian Chen, Heng Guo, Tian Jin, Weizhi Qi, Huikai Xie, Lei Xi* "Ultracompact high-resolution photoacoustic microscopy" Optics Letters, Accepted, 2018.
2.Wei Qin,# Tian Jin,# Heng Guo, Lei Xi* "Large-field-of-view optical resolution photoacoustic microscopy" Optics Express, 26, 4271-4278, 2018.
3.Heng Guo, Chaolong Song, Huikai Xie and Lei Xi* "Photoacoustic endomicroscopy (PAEM) based on a MEMS scanning mirror" Optics Letters, 42, 4615-4618, 2017.
4.Tian Jin, Heng Guo, Huabei Jiang, Bowen Ke and Lei Xi* "Portable optical resolution photoacoustic microscopy (pORPAM) for human oral imaging " Optics Letters, 42, 4434-4437, 2017.
5.Lei Xi*, Tian Jin, Junli Zhou, Paul Carney, Huabei Jiang "Hybrid photoacoustic and electrophysiological recording of neurovascular communications in freely-moving rats" Neuroimage, 161, 232-240, 2017.
6.Lei Xi*, Huabei Jiang"High resolution three-dimensional photoacoustic imaging of human fingerjoints in vivo" Applied Physics Letters, 107(6), 063701, 2015.
7.Lei Xi, Chaolong Song and Huabei Jiang "Confocal photoacoustic microscopy using a single multifunctional lens," Optics Letters, 39(11), 3328-3331, 2014.
8.Lei Xi, Minati Satpathy, Qing Zhao, Weiping Qian, Lily Yang, Huabei Jiang"HER-2/Neu targeted delivery of a nanoprobe enables dual photoacoustic and fluorescence tomography of ovarian cancer," Nanomedicine: Nanotechnology,Biology and Medicine, 10(3), 669-677, 2014.
9.Lei Xi, Stephen Grobmyer, Guangyin Zhou, Weiping Qian, Lily Yang, Huabei Jiang"Molecular photoacoustic tomography of breast cancer using receptortargeted magnetic iron oxide as contrast agents," Journal of Biophotonics, 7(6), 401-409, 2014.
10.Lei Xi, Stephen R. Grobmyer, Lei Wu, Ruimin Chen, Guangyin Zhou,Luke G. Gutwein, Jingjing Sun, Wenjun Liao, Qifa Zhou, Huikai Xie, and Huabei Jiang "Evaluation of breast tumor margins in vivo with intraoperative photoacoustic imaging," Optics Express, 20(8), 8726-8731, 2012.
11.Lei Xi, Xiaoqi Li, Huabei Jiang "Design and evaluation of a hybrid photoacoustic tomography and diffuse optical tomography system for breast cancerdetection," Medical Physics, 39(5), 2584, 2012.
Publications Read More
Congratulations to Heng Guo. His paper has been accepted by Journal of Biophotonics
Heng's paper, titiled "In vivo study of rat cortical hemodynamics using a stereotaxic-apparatus-compatible photoacoustic microscope", has been accepted by Journal of Biophotonics. Congratulations!!!!
Wei Qin has published his fourth paper on Biomedical Optics Express, Congratulations!
Wei Qin, the undergraduate student in our lab, developed a handheld microscope integrating photoacoustic microscopy and optical coherence tomography for both fundamental and clinical applications. This paper has been accepted by Biomedical Optics Express, on of the top journals in Optics. This is also his fourth paper within two years as first author. Well done!
Our paper has been selected as Inside Front Cover by Lab on a chip.
Our paper, titled "Opto-acousto-fluidics microscopy for three-dimensional label-free detection of droplets and cells in microchannels" has been selected by the editors of Lab on a Chip as the inside front cover article. Congratulations to Chaolong and Tian Jin.
Lab members Read More
First, postdoctoral post requirements and treatment
1. Have a doctoral degree or be able to reply through a doctorate recently;
2. It is preferred to have a background in electromagnetic fields and electromagnetic waves, optics, acoustics, biomedical engineering, etc.;
3. Strong hands-on, responsible, able to work hard, have a keen interest in the development of various types of imaging equipment;
4. Published 1-2 articles on mainstream SCI articles in corresponding fields, with good English reading, writing and speaking skills
5. According to personal research qualifications, the annual salary is more than 280,000 yuan, including the Shenzhen municipal government's annual tax-free living allowance of 120,000 yuan. In addition, the school bears five insurance and one gold. Applicants with excellent conditions can be selected as Principals' Excellence Award Scheme, which totals 350,000 annual salary. The school provides each academic post-doctoral scholarship funding of 25,000 yuan every two years. The task force provides additional benefits and rewards for outstanding postdoctoral fellows. In addition, Guangdong Province provided an additional 300,000 years of funding for postdoctoral research (to be confirmed). Those who meet the requirements can apply for Shenzhen-related talent plans. Overseas post-doctoral candidates can apply for the Peacock Plan, and Shenzhen City provides subsidies of 1.6% to 2 million.
Second, doctoral requirements and treatment
1. Graduates who have graduated or will graduate with a master's degree, with electromagnetic background and electromagnetic wave, optics, acoustics, biomedical engineering, etc.
2. Loves scientific research, has a high degree of initiative, hard work, and a strong desire for knowledge;
3. Have solid theoretical and experimental training, good English listening, speaking, reading and writing ability, and SCI research papers are preferred;
4. Ph.D. student 100,000 scholarship per year; providing good experimental conditions and learning environment; opportunity to apply for a joint doctoral program with the University of Macau, Hong Kong University, HKUST, and Hong Kong Baptist University; The standard grants full scholarships. Specific graduate programs and application methods can refer to the school's Graduate Admissions website: http://gs.sustc.edu.cn/2018zhaoshengjianzhang
Third, research assistant requirements and treatment
1. Excellent bachelor degree or above in optical engineering, electromagnetic field and electromagnetic wave, acoustics, biomedical engineering and related majors;
2. Have the priority to read the doctor's wishes;
3. Love of scientific research, hard-working, serious and responsible;
4. Have good English writing skills;
5. Starting salary of scientific research assistants 6500-10000 RMB, based on ability, experience and performance adjustment; enjoying holiday expenses, monthly meal supplements and benefits; enjoying basic pension insurance, basic medical insurance, unemployment insurance, work injury insurance, maternity insurance, housing Provident fund and housing subsidy treatment can also apply for joint training of doctoral students.
Fourth, application method
Resume + Apply for position + Post an article, please send it to email@example.com. Please specify when you can arrive. Thank you for your attention!