Research Associate Professor School of Environmental Science and Engineering
Dr. Lan (Marie Curie fellow) obtained her Ph.D. from Leiden University, the Netherlands. She was sponsored by the “Environmental ChemOinformatics” project and the “Quality Nano” project of the EU's Seventh Framework during her Ph.D. Her doctoral thesis was nominated by the KNCV MilieuChemTox as “the Best PhD thesis” in the Netherlands in 2016.Dr. Lan joined Elsevier as Managing Editor of a group of journals in Environmental Science and Health in 2015. Her role was to strategically support the operation and development of several SCI journals, including Environmental Pollution, Environment International, and Chemosphere etc. In 2016, she was promoted to associate publisher and later to publisher at the Elsevier headquarters in the Netherlands. She was responsible for more than ten SCI journals in environmental science and technology, including Aquatic Toxicology, Ecotoxicology and Environmental Safety, Journal of Cleaner Production, Remote Sensing of Environment, International Journal of Applied Earth Observations and Geoinformation etc. She managed 12 international journals from strategic planning, editorial fees budget, editorial recruitment, pricing, production and publishing operations to social media communication and product innovation. She managed and maintained excellent relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, including more than 120 editors from top Universities/Institutes. During her turn, the journals have grown more than 50% in quantity and also strongly improved in quality. She chaired more than 30 workshops and editorial board meeting worldwide.
- Research Associate Professor, School of Environmental Science and Engineering, Southern University of Science and Technology
- Vice Dean for the Shenzhen Institute of Sustainable Development
- 2010-2015: Ph.D. (Environmental Toxicology and Health), Leiden University, the Netherlands
Supervisor：Willie Peijnenburg, Martina Vijver
- 2008-2010: Master (Environmental risk assessment and environmental health), Denmark Technical University, Denmark
Supervisor: Stefan Trapp
- 2004-2008: Bachelor (Environmental engineering, Waste Water Treatment), Beijing University of Technology, China
Supervisor: Yongzhen Peng, Shuying Wang
- 2019-present: Associate Dean (Research), Shenzhen Institute of Sustainable Development
Research Associate Professor, School of Environmental Science and Engineering, Southern University of Science and Technology
- 2016-2019: Associate Publisher/Publisher, Environmental Science and Technology portfolio, Elsevier, The Netherlands
Managed the following journals: Remote Sensing of Environment, Journal of Cleaner Production, Environmental Ecotoxicology and Safety & Aquatic Toxicology etc.
- 2015-2016: Managing Editor, Environmental Science and Health Portfolio, Elsevier, the Netherlands
Managed the following journals: Environmental Pollution, Environment International, Chemosphere & Environmental Research etc.
- 2013: Visiting Scholar, University of Exeter, Exeter, United Kingdom
- 2011: Visiting Scholar, Spanish National Institute for Agriculture and Food Research and Technology (INIA), Madrid Area, Spain
- 2008-2010: Research Assistant, Denmark Technical University
Awards and Honors
- 2016: the Best PhD thesis award nominee, KNCV MilieuChemTox, the Netherlands.
- 2013: Funded EU's Seventh Framework “Quality Nano” project
- 2010-2013: Marie Curie Fellow
- 2010-2013: Funded EU's Seventh Framework “Environmental ChemOinformatics” project
- 2008-2010: Danish government full Scholarships for outstanding foreign students
1) Environmental risk assessment and management of emerging pollutants
2) Ecological civilization and sustainable urban development
3) Big data and sustainable development
4) Sustainable shipping and management
5) Remote sensing and sustainable development
Publications Read More
International Conference on Sustainable Technology and Development | 2020AUG 22-26
International Conference on Sustainable Technology & Development will take place on 22-26th of August 2020 at Shekou Hilton in Shenzhen. The conference is oganized by Shenzhen Insitutue of Sustainable Development, Southern University of Science and Technology, Elsevier. It consists of four main themes: Sustainable Environment, Sustainable Technology, Sustainable Life and Sustainable Society. Editors from Journal […]