Professor Department of Computer Science and Engineering
Jimmy Liu graduated from the Department of Computer Science of the University of Science and Technology of China in 1988. He further obtained his master and doctoral degrees in Computer Science from the National University of Singapore. In 2007, he started the Intelligent Medical Imaging Research Team (iMED Singapore, A*STAR) and grew it to become one of the world's largest ophthalmic medical image processing team, focusing on ophthalmic Artificial Intelligence research. Jimmy was the chairman of the IEEE Singapore Biomedical Engineering Society in Singapore.
In March 2016, Jimmy returned to China and founded the iMED China (Ningbo) team. He was the founding director and senior professor of the Cixi Institute of Biomedical Engineering (CIBE) of the Chinese Academy of Sciences.
In February 2019, he joined the Department of Computer Science and Engineering of the Southern University of Science and Technology to establish iMED China（Shenzhe）. .He will devote his time to more fundamental eye-brain, Artificial Intelligence, precision medicine, surgical robotics research.
Jimmy LIU, Prof.
Office:Room 403,Building 10 Innovation Park
Research Area: Ocular (eye) Imaging Artificial Intelligence;Eye-Brain; Medical imaging analysis；Precise Medical;Surgical robots
◆ 1999/05-2004/04, National University of Singapore, computer science department, PhD
◆ 1991/02-1992/11, National University of Singapore, Computer science department, M.S.
◆ 1983/08-1988/07, University of Science and Technology of China, Computer science department, B.S.
◆ 2019/02-NOW，Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Southern University of Science and Technology，Professor
◆ 2016/03-2019/01，Cixi institute of Biomedical Engineering of CAS,Director/Senior Professor
◆ 2007/01-2016/03，Intelligent Medical Imaging Department，Institute of infocomm research, A*STAR, Senior Scientist/Director/Director consultant
◆ 2004/07-2006/12，National University of Singapore，School of Computing，Research Fellow
◆ 1989/09-2004/06，Singapore state-owned/multinational corporation，Engineer/Manager/Technical Director
◆ 1988/09-1989/08，Institute of Automation, Chinese Academy of Sciences，Assistant Engineer
Honors & Awards
◆ National Distinguished Scholar
◆ Chief Scientist, National Eye Research Center, Singapore (Adjunct)
◆ IES Prestigious Engineering Achievement, Singapore，2013
◆ ASEAN Graphical System Design Achievement，Singapore，2011
(1) Huazhu Fu*, Yanwu Xu*, Stephen Lin, Damon Wing Kee Wong, Mani Baskaran, Meenakshi Mahesh, Tin Aung and Jiang Liu. Angle-Closure Detection in Anterior Segment OCT based on Multi-Level Deep Network[J]. IEEE Transactions on Cybernetics，2019(accepted)
(2) Yitian Zhao, Yalin Zheng, Yonghuai Liu, Yifan Zhao, Lingling Luo, Siyuan Yang, Tong Na, Yongtian Wang, Jiang Liu, Automatic 2D/3D Vessel Enhancement in Multiple Modality Images Using a Weighted Symmetry Filter, IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, 37(2): 438-450, 2018
(3) H. Fu, Jun Cheng, Y. Xu, D. W. K. Wong, J. Liu and X. Cao, Joint Optic Disc and Cup Segmentation Based on Multi-label Deep Network and Polar Transformation, IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, vol. 37, no 7, pp. 1597-1605, 2018.
(4) H. Fu, Jun Cheng, Y. Xu, C. Zhang, D. W. K.Wong, J. Liu, X. Cao, "Disc-aware Ensemble Network for Glaucoma Screening from Fundus Image", IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, vol. 37, no. 11, pp. 2493-2501, 2018 .
(5) Jun Cheng, Z. Li, Z. Gu, H. Fu, D. W. K. Wong, J. Liu，"Structure-preserving Guided Retinal Image Filtering and Its Application for Optic Disc Analysis", IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, vol. 37, no. 11, pp. 2536-2546, 2018.
(6) Yitian Zhao, Yalin Zheng, Zhili Chen, Peng Liu, Yifan Zhao, Jiang Liu, Uniqueness-Driven Saliency Analysis For Automated Abnormalities Detection with Application to Retinal Diseases, Proceedings of MICCAI, pp. 109-118, Granada, Spain, September, 2018.
(7) Yitian Zhao, JianyangXie, Yalin Zheng, Yonghuai Liu, Pan Su, Yifan Zhao, Jun Cheng, Jiang Liu, Retinal Artery and Vein Classification via Dominant Sets Clustering-based Vascular Topology Estimation, Proceedings of MICCAI, pp. 56-64, Granada, Spain, September, 2018.
(8) Huazhu Fu, Yanwu Xu, Stephen Lin, Damon Wing Kee Wong, Baskaran Mani, Meenakshi Mahesh, Tin Aung, Jiang Liu, "Multi-Context Deep Network for Angle-Closure Glaucoma Screening in Anterior Segment OCT", Proceedings of MICCAI, pp. 356-363, 2018.
(9) Yifan Zhao, Ramon Laguna, Yitian Zhao, John Yianni, PtolemaiosSarrigiannis, Jimmy Liu Jiang and Xiong-xiong He, A wavelet-based correlation analysis framework to study cerebro-muscular activity in essential tremor, Complexity, 7269494, 2018.
(10) Chang-Tong Yang, Krishna K Ghosh, Parasuraman Padmanabhan, Oliver Langer, Jiang Liu, Christer Halldin, BalázsGulyás. “PET-MR and SPECT-MR multimodality Probes: Development and Challenges “, Theranostics, 2018, in press