Assistant Professor Department of Ocean Science and Engineering
Dr Xingya Feng is currently an Assistant Professor at the Department of Ocean Science and Engineering, Southern University of Science and Technology, Shenzhen, China. Dr Feng obtained his B.Eng. in Hydraulic Engineering from Hohai Unviersity in 2011, and Ph.D. in Offshore Engineering at the National University of Singapore (NUS) in 2016. From 2016 to 2019, he was a Postdoc Researcher in NUS and the University of Oxford.
Dr Feng's research focuses on hydrodynamic analysis of nonlinear wave-structure interactions. His work includes nonlinear wave theory and wave interactions with offshore structures, numerical modelling of complex offshore floating systems and computational fluid dynamics. His research interest includes environmental fluid mechanics, offshore and coastal engineering, and offshore renewable energy.
Publications Read More
Lab members Read More
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (PRF)
The PRF position is immediately available for candidates to conduct research under the projects on “Hydrodynamic analysis of Very Large Floating Structures in extreme waves” or “Nonlinear wave loads on offshore wind turbine monopiles in extreme waves”. The appointment will be for two years.
- A PhD degree (or near completed) in Civil, Offshore/Ocean, Coastal Engineering, or Applied Mathematics;
- Ability to perform independent research and commitment to interdisciplinary research;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, demonstrated by presentation of research results at conferences and through publications;
- Excellent programming skills (Matlab, C++, Fortran, Python…)
- Experiences with Hydrodynamics and Wave-Structure Interaction are highly desired.
The salary and benefits are internationally competitive and commensurate with each candidate's experience.
- Basic salary is RMB280K-330K/annual (including a tax-free 180,000/annual allowance from Shenzhen government, compensated after passing an evaluation); excellent candidate can apply for Presidential Fellowship with salary RMB380,000/annual;
- Foreign passport (some countries) holder could apply for tax exemption.
- Medical insurance package, pension and other staff benefits;
To apply, please forward the following documents with subject indicating interested position to Dr Xingya Feng (Email: email@example.com)
- A cover letter
- A research statement summarizing the key research experience & expertise, and future plans.
- CV, including a list of publications.
- Names and contacts of two academic referees (1 should be PhD main supervisor, if any)
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.