Research Associate Professor Department of Biomedical Engineering, Academy for Advanced Interdisciplinary Studies Research Group
The main research directions for Dr. Jen-Shyang Ni are the development of new functional organic conjugation materials and their applications in photoelectric device, biological probes, and nanomedical treatment. At present, he presides 4 projects (1 project is in progress), applies/gains 8 patents, and publishes 36 SCI journal papers, in which more than 480 academic papers have been cited. The H-index is 15.
2006.09-2013.01 PhD in Institute of Polymer Science and Engineering, National Taiwan University, Taiwan (Adviser: Prof. King-Fu Lin)
2004.09-2006.06 MS in Department of Chemistry, National Central University, Taiwan (Adviser: Prof. Ming-Chou Chen)
2000.09-2004.06 BS in Department of Applied Chemistry, National Chiayi University, Taiwan
2018.10-present Research Associate Professor, Department of Biomedical Engineering, Southern University of Science and Technology, China (Supervisor: Prof. Kai Li)
2016.07-2018.10 Postdoc fellow, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology-Shenzhen Research Institute, China (Supervisor: Prof. Ben Zhong Tang)
2013.02-2016.06 Postdoc fellow, Institute of Chemistry, Academia Sinica, Taiwan (Supervisor: Prof. Jiann T. Lin)
Functional organic conjugation materials for biological probes and optoelectronic devices
- J.‐S. Ni, X. Zhang, G. Yang, T. Kang, X. Lin, M. Zha, Y. Li, L. Wang and K. Li* Angew. Chem., Int. Ed. 2020, DOI: 10.1002/anie.202002516.
- J.-S. Ni, T. Min, Y. Li, M. Zha, P. Zhang, C. L. Ho and K. Li* Angew. Chem., Int. Ed. 2020, DOI: 10.1002/anie.202001103.
- J.-S. Ni, Y. Li, W. Yue, B. Liu* and K. Li* Theranostics 2020, 10, 1923. (SCI, IF: 8.063, Medicine, research & experimental: Q1, Top 7%; invited review)
- J.-S. Ni, M. M. S. Lee, P. Zhang, C. Gui, Y. Chen, D. Wang, Z.-Q. Yu, R. T. K. Kwok, J. W. Y. Lam and B. Z. Tang* Anal. Chem. 2019, 91, 2169. (SCI, IF: 6.350, Chemistry, Analytical: Q1, Top 5%)
- J.-S. Ni, P. Zhang, T. Jiang, Y. Chen, H. Su, D. Wang, Z.-Q. Yu, R. T. K. Kwok, Z. Zhao, J. W. Y. Lam and B. Z. Tang* Adv. Mater. 2018, 30, 1805220. (SCI, IF: 25.809, Materials science, multidisciplinary: Q1, Top 3%)
- J.-S. Ni, H. Liu, J. Liu, M. Jiang, Z. Zhao, Y. Chen, R. T. K. Kwok, J. W. Y. Lam, Q. Peng* and B. Z. Tang* Mater. Chem. Front. 2018, 2, 1498. (SCI; MCF HOT articles for 2018)
- J.-S. Ni, H.-C. Hsieh, C.-A. Chen, Y.-S. Wen, W.-T. Wu, Y.-C. Shih, K.-F. Lin,* L. Wang* and J. T. Lin* ChemSusChem 2016, 9, 3139. (SCI, IF: 7.804, Green & sustainable science & technology: Q1, Top 8%)
- J.-S. Ni, T.-Y. Chiu, W.-S. Kao, H.-J. Chou, C.-C. Su* and J. T. Lin* ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces 2016, 8, 23066. (SCI, IF: 8.456, Materials science, multidisciplinary: Q1, Top 8%)
- J.-S. Ni, Y.-C. Yen and J. T. Lin* J. Mater. Chem. A 2016, 4, 6553. (SCI, IF: 10.733, Materials science, multidisciplinary: Q1, Top 7%)
- J.-S. Ni, Y.-C. Yen and J. T. Lin* Chem. Commun. 2015, 51, 17080. (SCI, IF: 6.567, Chemistry, multidisciplinary: Q1, Top 14%)
- J.-S. Ni, W.-S. Kao, H.-J. Chou and J. T. Lin* ChemSusChem 2015, 8, 2932. (SCI, IF: 7.804, Green & sustainable science & technology: Q1, Top 5%)
- J.-S. Ni, J.-H. You, W.-I. Hung, W.-S. Kao, H.-H. Chou and J. T. Lin* ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces 2014, 6, 22612. (SCI, IF: 8.456, Materials science, multidisciplinary: Q1, Top 9%)
- J.-S. Ni, K.-C. Ho and K.-F. Lin* J. Mater. Chem. A 2013, 1, 3463. (SCI, IF: 10.733, Materials science, multidisciplinary: Q1, Top 7%)
Aggregation-induced emission (AIE) probes
Functional near-infrared (NIR) probes
Publications Read More
Lab members Read More
The Department of Biomedical Engineering, Southern University of Science and Technology, seeks outstanding applicants for full-time tenure-track/tenured positions. The positions are open for both junior and senior-level applicants. While exceptional candidates in any area are welcome to apply, the primary focus for this search is in the areas of biomedical/medical imaging, bioMEMS, mechanomedicine, regenerative medicine, wearable devices/wireless monitoring, and biomedical data science. We are especially interested in individuals who can contribute to the excellence and diversity of our academic community. Further information of the department and facilities can be found at http://bme.sustc.edu.cn/.
An outstanding start-up package will be provided for the successful candidate. Applicants must have earned Ph.D. degree in biomedical engineering or a relevant field, and demonstrated excellent qualifications in research and education. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the positions are filled.
All applicants should submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org in PDF format: (1) a detailed resume, (2) a statement of research and teaching interests, (3) up to three representative publications, and (4) the names and contact information of at least three references.
Established in 2012, the Southern University of Science and Technology (SUSTech) is a public institution funded by the City of Shenzhen, , 17 min by high speed train from Hong Kong. Shenzhen is China's fast-growing city in the past two decades, having become the city with the highest per capita revenue from a fishing village. The city is the high-tech and manufacturing hub of China.
The Southern University of Science and Technology is a pioneer in higher education reform in China. The mission of the University is to become a globally recognized institution which emphasizes academic excellence and promotes innovation, creativity and entrepreneurship. The teaching language at SUSTech is bilingual, either English or Mandarin. According to Times Higher Education World University Ranking 2019, SUSTech ranked the 8th in mainland China.