Ph.D Department of Materials Science and Engineering
At Sep. 2016, Dr. Liu joined in Southern University of Science and Technology (SUSTec) as associate professor.
Dr. Weishu Liu is currently an associate professor in the Department of Materials Science and Engineering. He got his Ph.D from University of Science and Technology Beijing (USTB) at Jan. 2009. From 2009 to 2012 he worked as a post-doctoral researcher at University of Washington and Boston College. Later, he joined in the Texas Center of Superconductor at University of Houston (TcSUH) as a senior associate researcher II. And then, he moved a company, Sheetak Inc., as a principal materials scientist. Dr. Liu’s research interesting is thermoelectric materials and devices. He has published 84 journal papers, with a total citation of >5000 times and an H-index 36. He has applied 21 patents, with licenses inclusing 12 Chinese patents, 1 world patent and 3 USA patents. He wrote 4 book chapter in the topic of thermoelectric materials and devices. He is an PI of the NSFC project, one Co-PI of the Key Research and Development Plan of the Ministry of Science and Technology, and PI of three other projects of other ministries and enterprises, and won the 2012 Beijing Science and Technology Progress Award.
- 1999.09-2003.07 B.S. in Non-metal Materials, Chongqing University, China
- 2003.09-2009.01 M.S.-Ph.D.in Non-metal Materials, University of Science and Technology Beijing, China
- 2016.9-present Southern University of Science and Technology, Associate Professor, ShenZhen, China
- 2012.01-2015.01 Sheetak Inc.Principal MaterialsScientist, Austin, TX
- 2012.01-2015.01University of Houston,Research Assistant II, Houston, USA
- 2009.12-2012.12Boston College, Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Boston, USA
- 2009.02-2009.11 University of Washington, Postdoctoral Research Associate, Seattle,USA
2018: Outstanding reviewing, for Eelectrochem Acta; Nano energy.
- Board member of Chinese Thermoelectric Society, Chinese Materials Research Society since 2018
- Board member of Shenzhen Society of Micro-Nano Technology since 2018
- 2017: Outstanding reviewing, for Applied Surface Science, Materials Today Physics, Materials Today Energy
- Nanshan District Linghang Plan B, 2017
- Guangdong Provincial Level Talents - Pearl River Talent Program, 2017
- Shenzhen Peacock Plan B, 2017.
- Beijing Science and Technology Award, 2012
- President Medal of University of Science and Technology Beijing, 2009
- Outstanding Scholar Star of University of Science and Technology Beijing, 2008
- Chongqing Excellent Thesis Award, 2003
- Teaching:Thermodynamics and Kinetics (SUSTech, MSE-5006, 2019 Spring)
- Teaching:Thermodynamics of Materials (SUSTech, MSE-311, 2018 Fall)
- Teaching: Physics of Materials (SUSTech, MSE-328, 2018 Spring)
- Fundamental scientific issues between thermoelectric transport and material structures;
- Orderingregulation of multi-scale defect structures in thermoelectric materials;
- Key technologies of thermoelectric interface material design and its application in high power thermoelectric generators;
- Small sized and flexible thermoelectric devices for power generation, thermal management and temperature sensing
- E-skin temperature simulation and IoT self-powered system and smart environment etc.
Publications Read More
Prof. Dr. Aaron Schmidt in MIT made a speech
Our Group Successively Publishes One Paper On Materials Today Physics
New trends, strategies and opportunities in thermoelectric materials:A perspective 2018042614343082
Prof. Dr. Zhi-feng Ren in the University of Houston made a speech