Foreign Fellow of the Australia Technological Sciences and Engineering (ATSE); Chaired Professor, Dean of School of Innovation & Entrepreneurship and Dean of Clean Energy Institute. Department of Chemistry, School of Innovation and Entrepreneurship
Dr. Ke Liu currently is the Chair professor of the Southern Univ. of Science & Technology, the Dean of School of Innovation & Entrepreneurship and Dean of Clean Energy Institute. In addition, Dr. Ke Liu is also a partner of the Enverra Capital LLC. Enverra was funded by the former Supreme Allied Commander of NATO, and 2004 Democratic Presidential Candidate General Wesley Clark, the Founder of the US-Quarter Business Council, and the Senior Partner of the Patton Boggs LLP Mr. David Dunn et al. Enverra combines its global leadership to promote clean and sustainable energy technologies and natural resources to reduce emissions globally. Recently Dr. Liu was also elected as the board member of the Carnegie-Tsinghua Center. Together with General Wesley Clark, and team in Carnegie-Tsinghua Center, Dr. Liu works diligently on promoting the international collaboration on Clean Energy and Environmental Protection especially in China. Dr. Liu received a variety of national and international awards, including “The Minorities in Research Award” (2006 Emerald Honors Special Recognition Award). In 2013, Dr. Ke Liu was selected to win the 2013 PITT Award. Dr. Ke Liu got his Ph.D. from City University of New York; Master in Management from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.
- 09-2003.07 M.S., Management, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- 09-1995.07 Ph.D., Chemical Engineering, City University of New York
- 09-1994.07 M.S., Chemical Engineering, City University of New York
- 09-1987.07 M.S., Biochemical Engineering, Northwestern University (Xian, China)
- 09-1984.07 B.S., Chemical Engineering, Northwestern University (Xian, China)
- 2016-Present Chair Professor, Executive Dean of College of Innovation & Entrepreneurship (iCollege) and Dean of Clean Energy Institute (Energy-X), Southern Univ. of Science & Technology; Shenzhen, China
- 2014-2016 Partner of Enverra LLC of USA
- 2010-2014 Vice President of Shenhua Research Institute, and VP & Chief Technology Officer of National Institute of Clean & Low-carbon Energy (NICE); Beijing, China
- 2004-2009 Coal Gasification Platform Technology Leader, GE Global Research Center, Energy & Propulsion Technologies, Irvine, CA, USA & Shanghai, China
- 2000-2004 Transportation Program Lead,, Hydrogen Source LLC: A Joint Venture between Shell & United Technologies Corp., South Windsor, CT
- 1999-2000 Project Leader, Monsanto/Solutia Inc.
- 1992-1999 Senior Staff Engineer, Exxon-Mobil Research and Engineering Company, Annandale/Paulsboro, NJ
Professional Activities & Accomplishments
- Board member of the Carnegie-Tsinghua Center, working diligently on promoting the international collaboration on Clean Energy and Environmental Protection especially in China
- Board Member, the Power, Environmental and Energy Research Center of California Institute of Technology
- Board Member of International Pittsburgh Coal Conference, a leading international organization on coal production, conversion and utilization and related R&D
- Member of the Editorial Board of the “Engineering” Journal sponsored by Chinese Academy of Engineering. Editor in Chief of the “International Journal of Clean Coal & Energy”; Associate Editor, “Energy & Fuels” Journal
- Membership Chair of the Chinese American Chemical Society (CACS)
- The organizing committee chair, the 30th International Pittsburgh Coal Conference, Beijing, China; 2013
- The organizing committee chair, the 6th Sino-US Joint Chemical Engineering Conference, Beijing, China; Nov. 7-10th, 2011
- Topical Conference Chair: 1st Energy & Gasification Topical Conference, Sponsored by AIChE and ACS, Salt Lake City, UT, Nov. 2007
- Chair: Panel Discussion Session on Future Development of Chemical & Energy Industries, US-China-Japan Joint Chemical Engineering Conference, Beijing, China, Oct. 2005
- Topical Conference Chair: 3rd & 4th H2, Syngas & Fuel Cell Topical Conference, Austin, TX, Nov. 2004
- Chair: Fuel Processing Technologies for 1st, 2nd and 3rd H2 & Syngas Topical Conferences, 2001, 2002 and 2003 AIChE Spring National Meeting, New Orleans, LA
- Member of AIChE, ACS(American Chemical Society), IAHE(International Association of Hydrogen Energy), CACS and Sigma Xi
- Elected as the only one Foreign Fellow of the Australia Technological Sciences and Engineering (ATSE) for the year of 2015
- Top Fifteen Thousand Talents in Innovation and Entrepreneurship for the year of 2015
- Top Fifty China Overseas-educated Scholars in Innovation and Entrepreneurship for the year of 2015
- 2013 PITT Award, which was started in 1983 to honor one individual worldwide each year, who has made a significant contribution to the new technologies, new procedures or new policies toward coal conversion & utilization industry such as coal power generation, emission reduction, coal to fuels and chemicals industry in the world
- National award for “THE MINORITIES IN RESEARCH” (EMERALD HONORS AWARD), the award was given in an official ceremony at Washington, DC in Sept. 2006
- GE EPT- Best Patent Award of 2005, GE Global Research Center, Feb. 2006
- Presidential Award – Shell-UTC (United Technology Corp.) Joint-Venture, the Highest Technology Achievement Award of the company, Dec. 2003
1 Clean coal technology：micro-mineral separation；Ultra-pure & high performing pseudo-liquid fuel；Clean thermal conversion of fuel；
2 The design, synthesis and application of novel catalysts
3 Soil remediation and improvement；
4 System emulation，simulation and integration.
Lecturer course：Innovation and entrepreneurship lecture; Literature retrieval and scientific writing; Lectures on the frontier of Chemistry; Fundamentals of Energy Engineering.
Publications Read More
Professor Liu Ke visited the State Key Laboratory of Coal Conversion
Professor Liu visited the State Key Laboratory of Coal Conversion and made a report on methanol economy and hydrogen energy.
Professor Liu Ke attended the development strategy seminar.
Professor Liu Ke attended the development strategy seminar at Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics(DICP), Chinese Academy of Sciences, and made a report on "The industrialization of hydrogen energy was started by using methanol as hydrogen carrier".
Methanol as raw material, water hydrogen engine starts industrialization
On July 3, 2019, an exclusive interview with Liu Ke was published on the front page of Science and Technology Daily, that is, "Methanol as raw material, water hydrogen engine starts industrialization - academician Liu Ke talks about methanol economy and hydrogen fuel cell". Hydrogen is produced by catalytic reforming of methanol and water, and […]
Lab members Read More
The Department of Chemistry is therefore strategically developed as one of the largest and best equipped departments in the University. Thanks to the strong support from both the Government and our founders, this department aims to be one of the best in China and has already attracted many outstanding experts to join, including 1 Academician of the Chinese Academy of Sciences. The Shenzhen Municipal also named 26 of our independent faculty members who joined us from prominent oversea universities as the Peacock Plan Awardees. Currently, our faculty members together with their teams are actively involved in both teaching and research frontiers of chemistry, from upstream fundamental research to downstream industrial applications and inter-disciplinary research, in order to fulfill our obligations to the rapidly evolving society.