Associate Researcher College of Science, Institute for Quanfum Science and Engineering
Jun Li obtained his Ph.D in physics at the University of Science and Technology of China, under the supervision of Prof. Xinhua Peng. After graduating in 2015, he first joined Beijing Computational Science Research Center and then visited Institute for Quantum Computing, University of Waterloo, Canada as a postdoctoral fellow. He is presently an associate research fellow in Institute for Quantum Science and Engineering, Southern University of Science and Technology, Shenzhen. His research interests include quantum control, quantum simulation and nuclear magnetic resonance experiments, with particular emphasis on studying of complex dynamics behaviors that occur in spin systems, and developing of scalable approaches towards large-sized quantum system control.
◆ Quantum Control
- develop general quantum control methods and techniques, including quantum optimal control, open quantum system control, closed-loop quantum control and robust quantum control. Of particular interest is to extend quantum control towards large quantum systems.
- apply to different quantum experimental platforms, such as spin-based systems, superconducting qubits and cold molecule systems, to solve practical experimental control problems, including hyperpolarization, optical pumping, laser cooling, etc.
◆ Quantum Computation
- hybrid quantum-classical computation, variational quantum algorithm
- to experimentally study quantum thermalization of isolated large quantum systems by means of quantum simulation.
◆ Quantum Tomography
- to develop practical quantum state/operation/process tomography schemes.
◆ Experiments on Spin-based Quantum Systems
- nuclear magnetic resonance, nv center
◆ Physics of quantum information
◆ Frontiers in quantum information