Professor School of Sciences Research Group
Prof. Wei Jiang received his BSc degree in 2004 from Xi'an Jiaotong University and the MSc degree in 2007 from Nankai University with Prof. Yu Liu. He was awarded the Schering prize for his PhD work which he finished in 2010 at Freie Universität Berlin with Prof. Christoph A. Schalley. After postdoctoral research with Prof. Julius Rebek Jr. at the Scripps Research Institute in 2011 and 2012, he started his independent research career at the Department of Chemistry, South University of Science and Technology of China (SUSTC). His research is focused on the design and synthesis of bioinpired macrocyclic receptors and their applications in recognition, catalysis, sensing, separation, and assembly.
Education and Work Experience
11.2012 ~ present Associate Professor (tenure-track), Department of Chemistry, South University of Science and Technology of China, Shenzhen.
01.2011 ~ 09.2012 Postdoctoral Research Associate at The Scripps Research Institute (San Diego, USA) under the supervision of Prof. Julius Rebek, Jr.
(Worked on hydrogen bonded molecular capsules and cavitands)
09.2010 ~ 01.2011 Research Assistant in the group of Prof. Christoph A. Schalley.
(Worked on Thermodynamics and Kinetics of Divalent Pseudorotaxanes)
09.2007 ~ 09.2010 Ph. D. thesis with summa cum laude (outstanding) at Institut für Chemie und Biochemie of Freie Universität Berlin supervised by Prof. Christoph A. Schalley.
(Title: Supramolecular Synthesis via Integrative Self-Sorting)
09.2004 ~ 07.2007 Master thesis at the State Key Laboratory of Elemento-Organic Chemistry of Nankai University (Tianjin, P. R. China) under the guidance of Prof. Yu Liu.
(Title: Molecular Logic Gates and Switches)
09.1999 ~ 07.2004 B. Sc. study at Department of Applied Chemistry of Xi’an Jiao Tong University (Xi’an, P. R. China).
HONORS AND AWARDS
- 2015 Special Support for Technology Top-Notch Innovative Youth Talents of Guangdong Province (广东省特支计划“科技创新青年拔尖人才”)
- 2015 Excellent Youth Teachers' Training Project of Guangdong Province (广东省“优秀青年教师培养计划”)
- 2013 Peacock Plan Awardee-Category B (“孔雀计划”B类)/ Shenzhen Municipal Government
- 2012 Thousand Young Talents Program , Organization Department, CCCPC
- 2011 “Schering Prize” (2010) / Schering Foundation
- 2010 Chinese Government Award for Outstanding Self-Financed Students Abroad 2009 (国家优秀自费留学生奖学金2009) / China Scholarship Council
- 2006 First-Class Scholarship / Nankai University
- 2003 Scholarship of China Petroleum
- 2003 First-Class Scholarship / Xi’an Jiao Tong University
- 2000 Third-Class Scholarship / Xi’an Jiao Tong University
- 1999 Second-Class Scholarship / Xi’an Jiao Tong University
1. Design and Synthesis of Novel Macrocyclic Receptors;
2. Molecular Recognition, Physical Organic Chemistry;
3. Molecular Machines and Smart Materials.
Supramolecular Chemistry，Physical Organic Chemistry