Assistant Professor Department of Mechanical and Energy Engineering
Deng Hui, graduated from Osaka University, Japan in February 2016 with a Ph.D. in Precision Science and Technology. After that, he joined the Processing Technology Group of the Singapore Institute of Manufacturing Technology as Research Scientist, starting theoretical research and industrial applications on plasma-assisted processing, electrochemical mechanical polishing and other topics. He has hosted several scientific research projects in Japan and Singapore, and has published many papers in the top journals of the manufacturing field, International Journal of Machine Tools and Manufacture and CIRP Annals-Manufacturing Technology. A total of three oral presentations were made at the CIRP General Assembly (2013, 2014, 2015). In 2014, he was awarded the Work Machinery Technology Promotion Award by the Japan Work Machinery Technology Promotion Association. In 2015, he was awarded the National Outstanding Self-financed Scholarship by the China Scholarship Council. In 2016, he was awarded the Rudolf Kingslake Award by the International Society of Optical Engineering (SPIE).
◆ Atomic scale ultra-precision polishing
◆ Atmospheric pressure plasma composite processing
◆ Electrochemical compound processing
1. Plasma principle and application (spring / undergraduate, graduate)
2. Basics of Mechanical Manufacturing (Autumn / Undergraduate)
Publications Read More
The graduate students and doctoral students of the research group went to Osaka University for academic exchange visits2018-08-06
Congratulations to the research group member Liu Nian's paper published in Electrochemistry Communications2018-02-19
Prof. Yamamura and Prof. Yamauchi from Osaka University made an academic visit to our laboratory2017-11-25
Lab members Read More
The Plasma Advanced Manufacturing Laboratory of the Department of Mechanical and Energy Engineering, Southern University of Science and Technology was established in July 2017 by Dr. Deng Hui. This laboratory mainly studies atomic-scale ultra-precision polishing, atmospheric pressure plasma composite processing, and electrochemical composite processing for biomedicine. Applied micro plasma chip manufacturing and other fields.
(1) Has or is about to graduate from a well-known university at home and abroad, with a degree in chemistry, biology, materials, machinery or related majors.
(2) Possess good research capabilities in the research direction of the research group
(3) Have strong independent research work and thinking ability.
(4) With good communication and writing skills in Chinese and English scientific papers.
1. Work with the team leader to formulate a research plan, conduct research on the subject relatively independently and publish high-level academic papers;
2. Assist the research team to apply for funding, and rely on the research team as the person in charge to apply for youth projects and other national, provincial, and municipal projects at the postdoctoral science fund, the National Natural Science Foundation of China;
3. Assist the team leader to guide doctoral, master and undergraduate students;
4. Assist the construction and management of the research group.
1.The annual salary will not less than 320-350k RMB.
2.Provide excellent working environment, meal allowance, medical and other insurance.
3.Provide housing allowance 2800 RMB/month.
4.Overseas PhD can apply for the “Shenzhen Peacock Plan”, eligible applicant can receive 1.6 M RMB personal allowance (Exemption of tax).
Interested parties please send detailed resumes, supporting materials reflecting research capabilities and expected arrival time to the mailbox: firstname.lastname@example.org. The validity of the notice will be retained until the right candidate is recruited. We will keep the application materials submitted in strict confidentiality. Those who meet the requirements will arrange an interview immediately.
Southern University of Science and Technology, 1008 Xueyuan Avenue, Nanshan District, Shenzhen, Guangdong