Associate Professor Department of Physics
◆2011-Present, Associate Professor, Department of Physics, Southern University of Science and Techonoly
◆2008-2011, Research Assistant Professor, Department of Physics, The University of Hong Kong
◆2006-2008, Post-doctoral fellow, Department of Physics, The University of Hong Kong
◆Ph.D., Institute for Advanced Study, Tsinghua University, 2006;
◆B.S., Department of Physics, Tsinghua University, 2000.
Honors & Awards
◆Selected candidate of Peacock-plan Award, Shenzhen.
◆Add: Room 213, Research Building 2, Southern University of Science and Technology, No 1088, Xueyuan Rd., Xili, Nanshan District, Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
1. Strongly correlated system
2. Topological state of matter and topological phase transition
3. Unconventional superconductivity
4. Tensor network
General Physics A (I)
Lectures on selected Frontiers in Physics
Introduction to Solid State Theory
Publications Read More
Classification of SPT phases of 1+1 non-hermitian system
Classification of topological phases in one dimensional interacting non-Hermitian systems and emergent unitarity Wenjie Xi, Zhi-Hao Zhang, Zheng-Cheng Gu, Wei-Qiang Chen arXiv:1911.01590 Abstract: Topological phases in non-Hermitian systems have become a fascinating subject recently. In this paper, we attempt to classify topological phases in 1D interacting non-Hermitian systems. We begin with the non-Hermitian generalization of […]
Pure edge phase transition in Z2 TO
A topological phase transition on the edge of the 2d Z2 topological order Wei-Qiang Chen, Chao-Ming Jian, Liang Kong, Yi-Zhuang You, Hao Zheng arXiv:1903.12334 Abstract: The unified mathematical theory of gapped and gapless edges of 2d topological orders was developed by two of the authors. It provides a powerful tool to study pure edge topological […]
Lab members Read More
I. Recruitment Requirements:
1. Obtained doctoral degrees in physics, chemistry, electronics and materials science at home and abroad.
2. Highly active in scientific research.
3. Good English literature reading and scientific research writing skills in both Chinese and English.
II. Job Responsibilities:
1. Develop the research plan together with the leader of the research group, carry out the project research independently and publish high-level academic papers;
2. Assisted the research group in funding application, and actively applied for post-doctoral science foundation, national natural science foundation of China youth program and other national, provincial and municipal projects as the principal;
3. Assist the leader of the research group, guide doctoral students, master students and undergraduates;
4. Assisted the construction and management of the research group.
III. Application Materials:
1. Detailed resume, including study, work and research experience, list of major research achievements (such as papers, certificates or awards) and contact information;
2. Other materials that can prove your ability to work.
IV. Welfare Benefits:
1. Basic Treatment:
(1) two years of postdoctoral employment.
(2) postdoctoral annual salary of about 335,000 yuan, including guangdong subsidies 150,000 yuan (before tax) and shenzhen living subsidies 60,000 yuan (after tax), and according to shenzhen relevant provisions to participate in social insurance and housing provident fund. Postdoctoral welfare funds (festival expenses, meal allowance, high temperature allowance, family planning award, etc.) are issued according to the standards of the teaching staff in the post office of the school.
(3) excellent candidates can apply for the principal's excellent postdoctoral position with an annual salary of RMB 415,000. (including subsidies from guangdong and shenzhen)
2. Other Benefits:
(1) the research group provides excellent working environment and opportunities for cooperation and exchange at home and abroad, and the postdoctoral students enjoy a total of 25,000 academic exchange funds for two years.
(2) according to the specific scientific research performance of postdoctoral students, they can enjoy the corresponding scientific research performance rewards of the department and the research group. (carefully! This article may be deleted!
(3) the research group shall provide sufficient scientific research support, and assist the postdoctoral fellow to apply for scientific research projects of China postdoctoral science foundation, national natural science foundation, guangdong province and shenzhen city as the person in charge.
(4) the research group can assist qualified postdocs to apply for "guangdong overseas young postdoctoral program". In the world's top 200 universities (excluding, ranking above a year of The Times, USNEWS, QS world university rankings and Shanghai jiaotong university), PhD, postdoctoral units engaged in postdoctoral research station to be established in the southern province of guangdong, and promised to stand more than 2 years of postdoctoral, after the application is successful provincial finance gives each postdoctoral researcher to fund 600000 yuan allowance; For postdoctoral students who have been funded by this project and signed work agreements or labor contracts with employers in guangdong province after leaving the station, and promised to work in guangdong for more than 3 years continuously, the provincial finance department will give each person a housing subsidy of 400,000 yuan.
(5) the post-doctoral students who choose to stay in shenzhen to engage in scientific research work and sign a contract with enterprises and institutions of this municipality for more than 3 years of labor (employment) may apply for shenzhen post-doctoral students to stay in shenzhen for research support. The shenzhen municipal government grants 100 thousand yuan per person per year for scientific research for 3 years.
(6) for postdoctoral students who meet the latest policy requirements of "shenzhen newly introduced talents rent and living subsidies" and settle in shenzhen, they can help apply for one-off rent and living subsidies of 30,000 yuan (tax-free, independent online application).
(7) according to the conditions that oneself accord with, in the station or leave the station to stay deep postdoctoral can apply for "shenzhen peacock plan C kind of talent" or "shenzhen reserve level talent", enjoy 5 years of 1.6 million bonus allowance (duty-free) (with shenzhen latest relevant talent declaration requirements).
(8) excellent outbound postdoctoral students will be actively recommended and assisted in applying for the positions of research assistant professor in southern university of science and technology.
Please send the detailed resume in PDF format, time of arrival and summary of research work to professor Chen weiqiang: chenwq at sustech.edu.cn. Please specify the subject of the email.