Yuanmin Zhu received his B.E. Degree in University of Petroleum China in 2010. He received his Ph.D. Degree in Material Science from University of Science and Technology Beijing, China in Jan 2016. Then, he entered the Beijing Eelctron Microscopy Center in Tsinghua University as a postdoc researcher. In June 2018, He joined in SUSTech Academy for Advanced Interdisciplinary Studies, Southern University of Science and Technology as a Research Assistant Professor. His research interests include the atomic and electronic structures of materials surface and interface based on the Aberration-Corrected Transmission Electron Microscopy; Micro- dynamic behaviors of the Nano-Energy materials using in-situ Environmental-TEM. Dr. Zhu has published over 30 articles in international journals including ACS Nano, Nanoscale, Appl. Phys. Lett., ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces., Adv. Mater. Interfaces., etc. His publications have been cited over 400 times and his H index is 12.
Dr. Zhu has focused his research on the atomic and electronic structures of surface and interface in the nanomaterials or heteroepitaxial structures based on the Aberration-Corrected Transmission Electron Microscopy; Micro- dynamic behaviors of the Nano-Energy materials using in-situ Environmental-TEM. He has hosted one postdoctoral program and taken part in many NSFC programs. Dr. Zhu has published over 30 articles in international journals, as :
1. Y. Zhu, C. Li, Q. Wang, J. Wang, L. Chen, M. Gu. Fast lithiation of NiO investigated by in situ transmission electron microscopy. Appl. Phys. Lett. 2019, 115, 143902.
2. S. Han#, Y. Zhu#, C. Cai, J. Zhu, W. Han, L. Chen, X. Zu, H. Yang, M. Gu. Failure mechanism of Au@Co9S8 yolk-shell anode in Li-ion batteries unveiled by in-situ transmission electron microscopy. Appl. Phys. Lett. 2019, 114, 113901.
3. Y.M. Zhu, H. Do, V. T. Tra, R. Yu, Y.H. Chu, Q. Zhan*. Atomic heterointerface structures and the electron transportation properties in self-assembled LaNiO3-NiO heteroepitaxy. Adv. Mater. Interfaces. (2018) 1701202;
4. Y.M. Zhu, Q. Zhan*, J.-C. Yang, Y. Bitla, P. Liu, C.-I. Li, H.-J. Liu, V.S. Kumar, E. Arenholz, Q. He, Y.-H. Chu*. Enhanced structural and magnetic coupling in a mesocrystal-assisted nanocomposite. ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces. 8 (2016) 1104–1111;
5. Y. M. Zhu, W.S. Chang, R. Yu, R. Liu, T.-C. Wei, J.-H. He, Y.-H. Chu, Q. Zhan*. Spontaneous orientation-tuning induced by strain variation in self-assembled ZnO-SrRuO3 heteroepitaxy. Appl. Phys. Lett., 107 (2015) 191902；
6. Y.M. Zhu, P. Liu, R. Yu, Y.-H. Hsieh, D. Ke, Y.-H. Chu, Q. Zhan*. Orientation-tuning in self-assembled heterostructures induced by a buffer layer. Nanoscale 6 (2014) 5126；
7. Y.M. Zhu, D. Ke, R. Yu, Y.H. Hsieh, H.J. Liu, P.P. Liu, Y.H. Chu, Q. Zhan*. Self-assembled perovskite-spinel heterostructure on a highly distorted substrate. Appl. Phys. Lett., 102 (2013) 111903；
8. V. Suresh Kumar, J. C. Yang, Y. M. Zhu, Q. Zhan, Y. H. Chu et al. ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces. 7 (2015) 26504−26511；
9. Y. Xia, S. Han, Y. Zhu, Y. Liang, M. Gu. Stable cycling of mesoporous Sn 4 P 3 /SnO 2 @C nanosphere anode with high initial coulombic efficiency for Li-ion batteries. Energy Storage Mater. 2019, 18, 125.
10. Y. Li, X. Chen, M. Zhang, Y. Zhu, W. Ren, Z. Mei, M. Gu, F. Pan. Oxygen vacancy-rich MoO 3−x nanobelts for photocatalytic N 2 reduction to NH 3 in pure water. Catal. Sci. Technol. 2019, 9, 803.
11. H. Sun, G. Zhu, X. Xu, M. Liao, Y.-Y. Li, M. Angell, M. Gu, Y. Zhu, W. H. Hung, J. Li, Y. Kuang, Y. Meng, M.-C. Lin, H. Peng, H. Dai. A safe and non-flammable sodium metal battery based on an ionic liquid electrolyte. Nat. Commun. 2019, 10, 3302.
12. C. Xue, J. Zhang, X. Wang, M. Gu, Y. Zhu, D.-S. Li, J. Guo, Y. Liu, T. Wu. Light-triggered evolution of molecular clusters toward sub-nanoscale heterojunctions with high interface density. Chem. Commun. 2019, 55, 8146.
13. X. Zhong, W. Yi, Y. Qu, L. Zhang, H. Bai, Y. Zhu, J. Wan, S. Chen, M. Yang, L. Huang, M. Gu, H. Pan, B. Xu. Co single-atom anchored on Co3O4 and nitrogen-doped active carbon toward bifunctional catalyst for zinc-air batteries. Appl. Catal. B Environ. 2020, 260, 118188.
14. Feng, Q.; Zhao, S.; Wang, Y.; Dong, J.; Chen, W.; He, D.; Wang, D.; Yang, J.; Zhu, Y.M.; Zhu, H.; et al. Isolated Single-Atom Pd Sites in Intermetallic Nanostructures: High Catalytic Selectivity for Semihydrogenation of Alkynes. J. Am. Chem. Soc. (2017) 139, 7294
15. W. Zhao, B. Xia, L. Lin, X. Xiao, P. Liu, X. Lin, H. Peng, Y. Zhu, R. Yu, P. Lei, J. Wang, L. Zhang, Y. Xu, M. Zhao, L. Peng,; et al. Low-energy transmission electron diffraction and imaging of large-area graphene. Sci. Adv. (2017) 3, e1603231;
16. Y.-H. Hsieh, F. Xue, T. Yang, H-J Liu, Y.M. Zhu, Ying-Hao Chu et al. Permanent Ferroelectric Retention of BiFeO3 Mesocrystal. Nat. Commun. (2016) 13199;
17. J. C. Yang, Q. He, Y. M. Zhu, Q. Zhan, Y. H. Chu et al. Magnetic mesocrystals assisted magnetoresistance in manganite. Nano Lett. 14 (2014) 6073；
18. H. J. Liu, T. C. Wei, Y. M. Zhu, Y. H. Chu et al. Strain Mediated Inverse Photoconductivity in SrRuO3/La0.7Sr0.3MnO3 superlattice. Adv. Funct. Mater. 2016, 26, 729–737
1. Research on the atomic and electronic structures of materials surface and interface based on the Aberration-Corrected Transmission Electron Microscopy.
2. Structural investigations on the heterostructures, growth behaviors, defects, etc in self-assembled epitaxial nanocomposite thin films by the Advanced Transmission Electron Microscopy technologies (i.e. HR-TEM, HR-STEM analysis, HREDS, EELS analysis and GPA analysis).
3. Research on Nano-Energy materials using in-situ TEM.