We have various openings in the “Advanced Aerodynamics and Aeroacoustics Laboratory” (A3 lab) for postdoctoral researchers, research assistants, visiting scholars/postgraduates, and PhD programs with internationally competitive salary. Students and researchers interested in aeroacoustics and flow/noise control (with background in fluid, acoustics, mechanics, etc.) are encouraged to get in touch and join our lab. Please send a cover letter explaining your qualifications and research plan for the position, a CV with a list of publications, and the contact details of two referees to the email: email@example.com.
Postdoctoral Research Associate
Applicants should be of outstanding quality and exceptionally motivated, and should have
- a PhD degree in Aerospace/Mechanical Engineering, Acoustics, Mechanics or a closely related discipline;
- strong and demonstrated experience in aeroacoustics, flow/noise control or related fields;
- good publications in peer-reviewed top journals;
- preferably practical experience of aerodynamic and acoustic testing systems (e.g. wind tunnel, anechoic chamber) as well as CFD simulations.
Salary and benefits
- The positions are for two years initially, renewable depending on funding availability;
- Annual salary ~ 335k RMB (~ £38k or $47k), including housing & dining stipends and festival bonus, plus contributions to superannuation, medical insurance, etc.;
- Outstanding candidates can apply for the Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship with annual salary of 415k RMB (~ £47k or $58k);
- A travel grant of 25,000 RMB in two years for attending academic conferences and workshops, etc.
SUSTech Presidential PhD Fellowships
SUSTech offers the Presidential PhD Fellowship to full-time PhD students with excellent research potential. This prestigious Fellowship provides a basic annual stipend of RMB 80,000 plus a performance-based award of RMB 20,000 per year for around 50% of the Fellowship holders for a maximum period of 4 years.
- Applicants should be of outstanding quality and exceptionally motivated, and should have
- Applicants must possess a Master’s degree.
- Applicants should have graduated from a leading university in a country/region, and have demonstrated outstanding potential for research excellence.
- Communication and interpersonal skills as well as leadership abilities are also important criteria for the selection of Fellowship recipients.
- English language requirements: TOEFL 80 or above; or IELTS 6.0 overall or above, with no sub-scores lower than 5.5.
Please refer to the Admission to the PhD programmes at the Graduate School for more information on tuition and accommodation fees, how to apply, evaluation and admission, and visa application and registration.