POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCH FELLOW IN ADVANCED STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING / OCEAN ENGINEERING
DEPARTMENT OF OCEAN SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING
SOUTHERN UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
The Department of Ocean Science and Engineering at Southern University of Science and Technology (SUSTech) seeks to appoint two Postdoctoral Research Fellows to join Dr. Chao Hou’s research group to provide an understanding of innovative composite structures/systems suitable for marine environment. This is an opportunity to join an energetic research group and participate in major research projects funded by prestigious resources.
The Department of Ocean Science and Engineering at SUSTech has been aimed to build up a world leading program of research and education in oceanography, including advanced structural engineering for marine applications. For more information of the Department, please refer to the following links:
Working in collaboration with our team members, you will be expected to:
- participate in advanced research on innovative composite structural systems suitable for marine applications;
- complete project research independently and publish high-level academic papers;
- participate in the guidance of PhD or master graduates, research assistant and undergraduates.
To be successful in this position you will have:
- a PhD (within 3 years since graduation) from an esteem institution in civil engineering, mechanics, marine engineering, materials engineering or related area;
- publications in high impact international journals in related fields as the first author (or with the first author being your research supervisor);
- a demonstrated ability to conduct independent research and work in a team;
- excellent communication and English writing skills.
The position is full-time fixed term for two years.
Around ¥335K p.a. including ¥150K subsidy from Guangdong Province Subsidy (tax included) and ¥60K from Shenzhen Living Subsidy (tax excluded), also participate in social security and housing provident fund according to the relevant regulations of Shenzhen City. Post-doctoral benefits will be paid with reference to the university staff standards.
Other competitive remuneration package:
- Particularly outstanding candidates are entitled to apply for the post-doctoral excellence postdoctoral grant, with an annual salary of ¥415K (including subsidies from Guangdong Province and Shenzhen City).
- The research group provides excellent working environment and travelling support for research communications. Post-doctoral fellows are entitled to a ¥25K fund specifically for academic communications during the two-year appointment.
- The research group provides sufficient research support, including supporting the post-doctoral fellow, as the leading CI, to apply for funds from the China Postdoctoral Science Foundation, the National Natural Science Foundation of China, and relevant schemes from Guangdong Province and Shenzhen City.
- The research group supports qualified post-doctors to apply for “Introduction of Overseas Young Postdoctoral Program of Guangdong Province”. Under this scheme, post-doctoral fellows who obtained a doctorate degree in the top 200 universities worldwide (according to the latest world university rankings of Times, USNEWS, QS or Shanghai Jiaotong University, domestic universities excluded) will receive ¥600K of living subsidies from the provincial government finance if their application is successful.
- Post-doctoral fellows that meet the specific eligibility requirements are encouraged to apply for " Shenzhen City: Peacock Program for Overseas High-Level Talents Introduction" or "Shenzhen Reserve Talent" to receive a total of ¥1,600K (tax free). Please refer to the latest relevant requirements from the Shenzhen government for details.
- Excellent post-doctoral fellows will be recommended and assisted to apply for research assistant professor positions at SUSTech upon the completion of the two-year term.
All applications must be submitted to the email as following:
Please use the email subject as “Application for postdoc position + Your name”.
The application documents should include:
- A latest CV of yours, which contains Date of birth, Contact details, Education background, Employment history and Research experience);
- Evidence of research excellence, e.g. a record of awards or prizes, publications, etc.